• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Do people think the huge crane will be needed to drop the chain in from the top or is there some other way of hoisting it up that massive lift hill...?

I genuinely have no knowledge on this topic but I suspect you can just pull the chain through from the bottom of the lift hill. Don’t think a crane is required.

Have we even seen a crane for any coaster when it’s replaced it’s chain?

I genuinely have no knowledge on this topic but I suspect you can just pull the chain through from the bottom of the lift hill. Don’t think a crane is required.

Have we even seen a crane for any coaster when it’s replaced it’s chain?

You'd attach the new chain to the old chain and pull through in that situation. Not sure how they do a new one.

I would assume rope

In the case of Yukon Striker (there is a video on Disney Plus showing the process). They use a smaller cable, get it in the chain loop cavity, then pull the main chain through from a smaller ground based crane pulling from the bottom, which pulls the whole chain up to the top and back down to the bottom. I would assume the process is similar for all chain lifts.

So in short, no, the large crane shouldn't be needed, it can be done without it, they may choose to do it that way though.

After a long day at monks walk.. im home :D

The lift hill is now complete, only the crest left to be installed! Oh, and a support but let's not count that

The first bit went in at lunch

hyperia5thmarch2024-27.jpg

Then the last two bits got joined together on the ground and lifted into place as one giant piece

hyperia5thmarch2024-61.jpg

hyperia5thmarch2024-70.jpg

I can't wait to ride this for the first time. It's going to be insane!

hyperia5thmarch2024-76.jpg

Mini trees have been planted

hyperia5thmarch2024-15.jpg

Lets see how different this view is in 24 hours :D

hyperia5thmarch2024-89.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic views from the lift hill as well. It will be interesting to see what the view is like going up Hyperia’s big lift hill, it won’t be quite as dramatic as PMBO at the top though.
This will give you a rough idea.

This will give you a rough idea.
shame you won’t really see the park, unless you can twist your head 180 degrees.