• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I wasn’t referring to its height I was referring to the unique elements that we haven’t seen in this country before. Height doesn’t mean anything. Nemesis is in a pit below ground level most the time and it still absolutely obliterates any of the current 5 Thorpe coasters in terms of quality

Nothing particularly groundbreaking about those elements though is there? We've seen stalls on lots of rides already. I get it that there a few quirky elements but it isn't really anything that takes your breath away.

I think it's definitely got potential to make my top 3 and until I ride it I won't be sure obviously. I can't imagine it beating Nemmy though. If it was a proper length for a hyper it would have a better shot.

Well it will have a lower throughput than Nemesis and that reached 4 1/2 hours so I imagine Hyperia will be 5+
Mid June this will be. I'd be happy with 2hrs but judging by the interest today (10k on Shauns live).. people might be more interested in this.. Easier to get to than AT too. But park capacity low. Anyone recall what Swarm opening queue was and it's queue a few weeks after?

I think it looks great. I don't see a problem with the ride's length. From the top of the lift to the brakes the ride is just under 40 seconds (the same as Nemesis). Yes while that is short for a typical hyper coaster, this isn't a typical hyper coaster.
There is another coaster across the park that is also over 200ft, which is considered by many to be the best ride at the park, and one of the best in the country, that is 15 seconds long. Including the pre-lift turn, and lift-hill the whole ride experience will probably be somewhere near the 2 minute mark and that is plenty long enough.

If it’s not the best in the country when it opens then it’s a fail in my book. How can a ride with such weird and unique elements that look mesmerising offride not be as good onride
“The Smiler” is literally this….

But it’s a fair point. For the money spent and technology this should be absolutely number one without any consideration.

Are there any other coasters that are similar scale with only the waist restraints vs OTS ones? Wonder if it will make the ride feel much different.

No inversions but Superman Ride of Steel is similar.

1713285439656.png

Whereas Gotham escape doesn't have the height but has the inversions.

1713285550347.png

Are there any other coasters that are similar scale with only the waist restraints vs OTS ones? Wonder if it will make the ride feel much different.

A good plus for Thorpe going forward is that now they’ve got one thing this high it would probably be easier to get another thing this high approved again..
Yes there are! Top Thrill 2 and Millennium Force at Cedar Point both spring to mind, or even something like Steel Vengeance which isn’t quite as massive but is very aggressive and just has the lap restraint.

You do definitely notice the difference being more exposed with lap restraints rather than OTSRs.

Think I always expected it to crawl through that outer bank. I thought the slow hang time was why people were so excited about it. Given the comments today, I see now that many expected it to fly through there, which probably would have been good in a different way.

It's worth noting how slowly it crests the top of the lift hill. I'd imagine that's just for initial test purposes.

Once the chain's running at full speed it will take the layout at a quicker pace.

That splashdown trim looks a bit of a bugger though, hopefully they tweak that so we get some decent ejector before the brake run.

A good plus for Thorpe going forward is that now they’ve got one thing this high it would probably be easier to get another thing this high approved again..

Surely any Mack/ B + M hyper or have I misunderstood the question?