• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Voltron isn't being sponsored by a dodgy Russian company though is it?.
No and I never said it was, what I was referencing was that they should've learnt there lesson to be very careful with sponsorships. I agree that it's mostly on brand, but really having it in the name is rather pointless.
The ride experience isn't going to be ruined by this,
Nobody can possibly no that. It might be plastered all over the station and ride cars. have annoying TV ads in the queue lines and all sorts, all this from suposidly the best theme park in the world, we simply don't know yet.
it's not as if the Nevera part is slapped right in the middle of the name.
I agree, that's a slight improvement, but in the grand scheme of things it's still in the name.

I am looking forward to Voltron and this won't change that, I just think it's a bad decision.
Oh and good grief,

Let’s face it, everyone is just gonna call it Voltron, we’ll ride the coaster and buy the merch whether or not it has the stupid Nevera name on, and in a couple of years it’ll just be another of the many slightly odd EP sponsorships.

I admit that "Voltron: Never Ending Story" is kind of a long title for a coaster, but I don't believe it will affect my enjoyment of the ride in the end

Voltron isn't being sponsored by a dodgy Russian company though is it?. It's being sponsored by a Croatian (on-brand) electric (on-brand) hypercar company.

The ride experience isn't going to be ruined by this, and it's not as if the Nevera part is slapped right in the middle of the name.

Good grief,

I’m sorry but if a Merlin park had done similar you would be up in arms.

From my perspective I don’t really mind, it’s a sponsorship and it gives them money and I love the park so not a problem but I suspect the ambivalence would be less if other parks did similar.

I’m sorry but if a Merlin park had done similar you would be up in arms.

From my perspective I don’t really mind, it’s a sponsorship and it gives them money and I love the park so not a problem but I suspect the ambivalence would be less if other parks did similar.
Not really; if it was obnoxiously intrusive to the overall theme then sure. But it's relevant and really not detrimental to the overall experience as say the Fanta sponsorship saga. Cheers for assuming though.

I'm not particularly fussed about the name; like most people, I will inevitably just call it 'Voltron'. However, the extremely convoluted video the park released aligning Michael Mack with Mate Rimac "the Croatian Elon Musk", tells me everything I need to know about this choice. I love EP to my bones but the hubris of the new generation can be mildly excruciating these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam
Not really; if it was obnoxiously intrusive to the overall theme then sure. But it's relevant and really not detrimental to the overall experience as say the Fanta sponsorship saga. Cheers for assuming though.

The Fanta debacle is certainly a good example of how not to do sponsorship, I would argue the Wodan sponsorship is although not obnoxious it is disappointing so EP have form sadly . My statement was certainly an assumption (as are all statement about how you expect someone to act in the future, it’s kind of the point). Look forward to you proving me wrong 😊

The sponsorship sucks. But I assume that, like me, most people who aren't Top Gear viewers have never heard of either the company or the car before, which makes it a bit easier.

It does look like there is definitely potential for a bit of airtime. The first launch also looks quite interesting.