• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

It's funny how the old Retro squad gimmick has come full circle.

They have gone from bringing in hideous fairground attractions to sprucing up the Haunted House, re-opening NST, rebuilding Nemmy and now we might be getting the offspring of Rippy.

Now that's the real retro squad. 😉

I think the most exciting unknown now is seeing how this is themed and landscaped into the wider area. The raised platform could provide some really great sight lines of the ride in the surrounding area and some changes to the hard landscaping around it could provide some great interaction. If they could move the outdoor seating for the coffee lounge it would really open up the path at the higher level as a viewpoint.

It’s interesting that the plans indicate troughs that could be for fountains but I couldn’t see how they would work without soaking everyone walking on the path through the tunnel below whenever there is a bit of wind. So opportunity for some different effects, or more theming to add onto the basic concrete structure included in the planning app? Look forward to seeing what they do with it!

I think the most exciting unknown now is seeing how this is themed and landscaped into the wider area. The raised platform could provide some really great sight lines of the ride in the surrounding area and some changes to the hard landscaping around it could provide some great interaction. If they could move the outdoor seating for the coffee lounge it would really open up the path at the higher level as a viewpoint.

It’s interesting that the plans indicate troughs that could be for fountains but I couldn’t see how they would work without soaking everyone walking on the path through the tunnel below whenever there is a bit of wind. So opportunity for some different effects, or more theming to add onto the basic concrete structure included in the planning app? Look forward to seeing what they do with it!

I doubt they would be fountains that would impact the riders if I’m honest. Probably automated rather than Ripsaw v1 which were controlled by the op.

That way it wouldn’t really risk hitting passing guests.

Finally catching up on all of this after being away from just when the plans went online!

The positioning of the ride is certainly not what I was expecting, I'd imagine most would have assumed the ride would go directly on the former Ripsaw site. Putting it over the path is interesting, certainly very different. Slight worry about bottlenecks on that path but there is an alternative route. My main worry however is this huge concrete base, I do hope we are not going to be left with a load of exposed concrete that will just look awful after a few months. The design and access statement implies that it may be decorated with stencils etc., but I would hope for some sort of cladding.

As for the ride itself, the Huss floorless topspin model does appear to fit perfectly on the base. One of those would look very impressive, although I'd rather it not be one as I find them extremely uncomfortable to ride!

I don't think we will be seeing the name 'Ripsaw' return personally even if it's a topspin as many expect it might be.

Think we will see something that fits into the Phalanx story rather than the old Ripsaw theme which would look a bit out of place now.

A quick thought a few days later...

Ripsaw was a great spectator ride, with the pathway directly in front often being crowded. With the new platform for the new one (assuming its another topspin for arguments sake), and having an underpass directly beneath - it could potentially make a bottleneck. If it were to create crowds, the obvious main route to Galactica would be congested, made worse by the width of the tunnel. Of course, there is the route by the Coffee Lounge, but that in itself could block the flow a bit.

Hopefully this is something they've considered prior, otherwise there might be a fair bit of traffic.

A quick thought a few days later...

Ripsaw was a great spectator ride, with the pathway directly in front often being crowded. With the new platform for the new one (assuming its another topspin for arguments sake), and having an underpass directly beneath - it could potentially make a bottleneck. If it were to create crowds, the obvious main route to Galactica would be congested, made worse by the width of the tunnel. Of course, there is the route by the Coffee Lounge, but that in itself could block the flow a bit.

Hopefully this is something they've considered prior, otherwise there might be a fair bit of traffic.

I think the easy solution to this would be some sort fencing/rocks/greenery etc to create a corridor slightly beyond either side of the underpass, therefore funnelling spectators into 4 quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope the plans pull through will be interesting to see what happens and what type of ride it is

im hoping its something New and exciting and not a top spin that’s old and don’t last long

It's clearly going to be something that can either be ridden on both sides, or requires room to swing out in either direction. If it wasn't then I can't see the need to go to all the expense to build a large plinth building with an underpass running through it for a ride to sit on top of, right in the middle of the area. The far cheaper, easier, and quicker option would be to just site something on the ready made existing site right next door.

It’s very intriguing to see the plans for this project, I was thinking to myself towers are known for digging down for their attractions, so would this be the first major project to be elevated above an area instead of level to or in a pit/hole?. I’m struggling to think of any obvious examples