• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

Couldn't disagree more.

Heaven forbid we have just one area in the park geared towards thrill seekers......I mean it's thrill rides afterall that made this the premium park in the country in the 90's and 00's.

Family coasters and family flats are most welcome but put them in the other areas. Forbidden Valley should be aimed towards teenagers and above for me.
Agree, in much the same way that you wouldn’t expect a thrill ride in Mutiny Bay.
As long as there’s a fair balance across the park (at the moment I’d argue there isn’t but the problems lie more in the top half of the park), but don’t think each area needs to conform to a rigid criteria. With FV as well as Blade you have Curse and Katanga Canyon not far up the road.

If we assume the park needs 4 flat rides, I’d argue thrill flats in FV and XS, and then family flats in DF and XS.

Last edited:
Time will tell. I’m betting on something 1.2 as I said.
The park don’t want thrill seekers to camp in FV all day. And the concept of splitting families up is so 90’s

Sod families who want something to do in the nearby area then.

Just adding some themed playgrounds would be ideal.
Absolutely agree.
What about a few simple climbing nets and big wooden playhouses...learn a lesson from the old days at Lightwater...pub in the wood, dodgems, treehopper, abandoned wild west village for hide and seek, then sleep in the climbing nets after too much pub in the wood.
Most of those would fit very nicely in any of the empty circles at the Towers.
Doesn't need to cost a zillion quid.
Simply spread some of the kid stuff around the park, instead of dumping loads in one corner.
Hardly rocket science.

Better to have more time available than less, just look at Nemesis Reborn opening with unfinished theming. As well as this, it may be they want the underpass to be completed before Scarefest so they don’t have crowd flow issues, and then will install the ride system over closed seaaon.

Sod families who want something to do in the nearby area then.

Just adding some themed playgrounds would be ideal.
Something like the Adventure Trail at Phantasialand would be really nice at Towers, I can see some sort of adventure play area going around Mutiny Bay. But I recall someone saying on this forum that Towers were adverse to high-rise play equipment, and that's why the current play area in CBeebies is all low-rise.

I think it’s fair to assume that planning has been approved ?

IMG_1857.jpeg
Taken from X
Looks great that construction is getting going, although it looks like Galactica is practically chopped off from the rest of the park now with that and the lift hill underpass now closed. What was originally supposed to be an oasis is now going to be deserted...

it may be they want the underpass to be completed before Scarefest so they don’t have crowd flow issues, and then will install the ride system over closed seaaon.
Good point, wouldn't be surprised if that is the case as it would make sense. Even in the summer hols not having that through route could be an issue.

Absolutely agree.
What about a few simple climbing nets and big wooden playhouses...learn a lesson from the old days at Lightwater...pub in the wood, dodgems, treehopper, abandoned wild west village for hide and seek, then sleep in the climbing nets after too much pub in the wood.
Most of those would fit very nicely in any of the empty circles at the Towers.
Doesn't need to cost a zillion quid.
Simply spread some of the kid stuff around the park, instead of dumping loads in one corner.
Hardly rocket science.
It is surprising how popular a play area no matter how big they are always a treat for many kids. At our heritage railway, we installed a little play park and it was rammed full all day (albeit it was a sunny and busy Easter Sunday but that's beside the point) and has been a worthwhile investment so it wouldn't be much of a bad idea if Towers decide to add more play areas.

Hell, Dark Forest could do with one though frankly anything would make that area better.

Makes sense to start now, with a bit of a lull prior to the next half term at the end of May. After this month, with school trips, the summer holidays and three events in a row, it's hard to find a period of the season where they'll be able to get a decent amount of work done in one go.

Depending on where the walls are, there’s either one or two routes around the construction

IMG_1858.jpeg

The yellow route is a possible bypass depending on the extent of the construction walls. The pink leaves the most viable through route. Both the construction site and the blocking of the Galactica lift bypass are shown with the ⛔

If they’re planning ahead I think the goal may be to get the underpass constructed as soon as possible to reopen that route, spend the rest of the season working on the queue area, theming and electrics, then in the winter install the ride system itself.

Alternatively, is it possible that the mysterious construction in the planters behind the Freestyle unit could be for a temporary path?

Something like the Adventure Trail at Phantasialand would be really nice at Towers, I can see some sort of adventure play area going around Mutiny Bay. But I recall someone saying on this forum that Towers were adverse to high-rise play equipment, and that's why the current play area in CBeebies is all low-rise.

Is what's in the Duggee area considered "low-rise"?

I mean that's plenty enough. Or what Paultons have put into Tornado Springs. Doesn't have to be anything flash after all.

Does seem curiously early to start construction. It will need to be a fairly substantial structure but wouldn’t have thought they needed 11 months.

Not going to complain though, quality over speed any day.
Builders at a loose end maybe. If they were supposed to be doing work for the new rollercoaster and were already under contract but without any work to do, plus there's those temporary-permanent tents for the scarefest mazes coming up plus whatever else is going on in the backlots I guess it makes sense to use them while they have them available.

Plus at the moment it's literally just some more lighting/fence posts they have dug in the ground so might be a pure coincidence

Does seem curiously early to start construction. It will need to be a fairly substantial structure but wouldn’t have thought they needed 11 months.

Not going to complain though, quality over speed any day.
With there not being a CEMP with this application, it's difficult to know what their schedule is like but I'd guess that the plan is to get the platform/walk way built while the weather is a bit more predictable and started whilst the park is quiet in comparison to mid-June onwards. I'd personally be very surprised (but pleasantly so) if we see anything beyond the platform/walk way built during the park season.

Even knowing whether the plan was to use precast concrete or cast-in-place would completely change the context of construction walls going in now.

Last edited: