• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

It’s very un-towers like to have not been advertising this yet on site.

Reckon we may see something over scarefest ?
It's possible that they are / were holding off on teasing this, to not take attention away from Hex reopening. You don't want to plug too many things at the same time, go with a single message approach. The problem with this, though, is that there's been no sign of a Hex tease or announcement either.

Scarefest is a safe bet for a tease of something happening, or the start of the PR campaign.

It's possible that they are / were holding off on teasing this, to not take attention away from Hex reopening. You don't want to plug too many things at the same time, go with a single message approach. The problem with this, though, is that there's been no sign of a Hex tease or announcement either.

Scarefest is a safe bet for a tease of something happening, or the start of the PR campaign.
Agreed, I think Hex will open for Scarefest and then Project Ocean teasing will start.

Have they ever done any teasing for (relatively standard) flat rides? I know it's been a while but I only recall them doing it for coasters and dark rides

I don’t think they have - but it was such a long time ago with major coasters happening every 4 years they didn’t need to.

Project Ocean on the other hand is the biggest non refurb investment we’ve had in years. You’d have thought new Merlin would shout about it

Agreed, I think Hex will open for Scarefest and then Project Ocean teasing will start.
I still think there could be something in the fireworks display. Last year they did the fantastic bit with The Curse (new for 23), so this year I am expecting something about Nemesis Reborn (new for 24)... it could then lead into something about Project Ocean and maybe Galactica and its potential retheme/rename. Maybe even another video insert like at the end of 2022's Sunday show?

We usually get teasing around Scarefest for anything new. Remember Walliams had those archways near spinball.

I think it will get some leek signs added to it and that’s probably about it. Even if it’s just a hint of new ride and not the name
That does sound about right - even with Hyperia and the name getting announced literally the night before the first day of Fright Nights.

If not, we'll see some sort of tease (maybe silhouettes or an image of the new ride(s) of some form). 🤔

We're more likely to see construction happen in the winter season for any flat rides including Project Ocean's hardware.

I can imagine they'd be fairly straightforward to install and no planning permission required due to it being in the GDO.

I'd also say it'd be possibly similar for Thorpe Park installing something on Slammer's site as long as it is within a certain height. I'd be wondering if they're doing it this season as they've said they require it for removing Slammer. (Continued discussion is for the Thorpe Topic on that).

Back onto topic, flat rides would be quite straightforward to install in the GDO as long as it's within the height limits.

Last edited:
I found it funny on the monorail into the park on Friday the driver gave a small talk about the rides and attractions. He mentioned world class rollercoasters and ‘flat rides’ … he seemed very serious about this lol
If Alton Towers has a ‘world-class’ flat ride lineup, then virtually every seaside fairground has a ‘multiversal-class’ flat ride lineup!!