• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

If (and it’s a big if) the new flat ride was to open in 2024, it would be a great opportunity to spin up some marketing for the summer season. Nemesis is still very much a threat so heavy weaponry has been brought in to cull the creature.

Same logic can be used across the winter marketing but whilst the park is focussing on Nemesis, it’d keep the hype going

I just saw the end of public consultation for ripsaw is/was today, is this standard? it is only 1 day of public consultation

Or Towers are trying to show good faith to the locals? Try and keep a good relationship by being open with them
From my experience at work of supporting large scale planning applications that every man and his dog has an opinion on, I refuse to believe anybody would do one unless it was absolutely necessary 😂

Absolute minefield, costly and add months onto the timeline.

A Top Spin is obviously the most likely to be happening, but one of these with the screens showing something happening with the Nemesis monster outside could work well in the area. The movie on the screens being a combination of live action of the area and CGI Nemesis monster causing carnage.

A Top Spin is obviously the most likely to be happening, but one of these with the screens showing something happening with the Nemesis monster outside could work well in the area. The movie on the screens being a combination of live action of the area and CGI Nemesis monster causing carnage.
My concern would be that I believe the park desperately, desperately needs spectator flat rides. We've lost Ripsaw, Submission, Enterprise and heck even Twirling Toadstool and then most of their replacements in the Retrosquad. Regardless of what you think of the ride experience that they offered, they added to the atmosphere of the areas that they were in and gave non riders something to watch.

Having another box with an attraction in, that only riders can see doesn't do a great deal for the atmosphere in Forbidden Valley - especially when we already have Sub Terra sitting there already. More rides for non riders to "experience" too please! To me, theme parks should be full of kinetic stuff, movement everywhere you look - it makes areas feel alive. Box everything up and that's very quickly lost.

My concern would be that I believe the park desperately, desperately needs spectator flat rides. We've lost Ripsaw, Submission, Enterprise and heck even Twirling Toadstool and then most of their replacements in the Retrosquad. Regardless of what you think of the ride experience that they offered, they added to the atmosphere of the areas that they were in and gave non riders something to watch.

Having another box with an attraction in, that only riders can see doesn't do a great deal for the atmosphere in Forbidden Valley - especially when we already have Sub Terra sitting there already. More rides for non riders to "experience" too please! To me, theme parks should be full of kinetic stuff, movement everywhere you look - it makes areas feel alive. Box everything up and that's very quickly lost.
Yeh that is a good point. Ripsaw, because of the water jets hitting the riders, was just as entertaining, maybe even more so, for those watching on from off-ride.

I don’t think Nemesis is as big a draw as you think for the general public. Most will just be like “it’s the same ride just a different colour”. Nemesis retrack was a Varney swan song project with a retheme to justify it to marketing.

A double whammy season with Nemesis attracting the nostalgia brigade for the first few months then a flat pulling in the summer crowds could work quite well (I don’t think they would have planned that from the beginning, just that the new management team might have been able to sell that to Merlin).

I respectively disagree. ITV news have been doing segments on it's reopening in mid to late January. How often does that happen for rides in this country?

Nemesis is a lot more loved than you make it out to be by the GP as well as us thoosies.

I respectively disagree. ITV news have been doing segments on it's reopening in mid to late January. How often does that happen for rides in this country?

Nemesis is a lot more loved than you make it out to be by the GP as well as us thoosies.

ITV news do reports on rides all the time, it was also filmed for local not national news.

Being “loved” and being a draw for attendance are not always the same thing.

ITV news do reports on rides all the time, it was also filmed for local not national news.

Being “loved” and being a draw for attendance are not always the same thing.

Think you're being a bit harsh tbh. It's a ride even Americans talk about. I know because I lived there for a year and the few people I met who were enthusiasts all wanted to know what it was like.

It is a big draw still. It's just a queue eater because it's capacity is the best on park.

Think you're being a bit harsh tbh. It's a ride even Americans talk about. I know because I lived there for a year and the few people I met who were enthusiasts all wanted to know what it was like.

It is a big draw still. It's just a queue eater because it's capacity is the best on park.

Queue time was irrelevant, if you where on park you would ride it and it was still popular and American enthusiasts definitely love the ride but again “liking” something and “determined to drive 2 hours to ride it” are two different things.