• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

I don’t know about anyone else, but that certainly doesn’t look like a Ripsaw revival to me…

Am I imagining things, or are they proposing an indoor flat ride? It looks like the ride is to be enclosed inside a building, if the images are anything to go by.

I think the box on top of the smaller building is just the space that the attraction will occupy. From the wording, sounds like the attraction will be 'open air', just situated atop the building.

I think the box on top of the smaller building is just the space that the attraction will occupy. From the wording, sounds like the attraction will be 'open air', just situated atop the building.

I thought the same as it said it would be sitting atop of the building. Aren’t floorless topspins about 14 metres tall? Could the structure underneath be the entrance arch and queue perhaps?

That said, an enclosed flat would make more sense if they’re heading towards being a 365 day park.

I thought the same as it said it would be sitting atop of the building. Aren’t floorless topspins about 14 metres tall? Could the structure underneath be the entrance arch and queue perhaps?

That said, an enclosed flat would make more sense if they’re heading towards being a 365 day park.
13.2 according to Huss website.

Equals 18m. The width doesn’t quite add up though.

Just playing devils advocate but those theming features look suspiciously like S&S air compressed air containers. I wonder if they have been marked up as theming features on the planning document to throw people off the scent (its not unheard of).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The overall height is 18m and the structure will be 4.8m tall. That leaves 13.2m for the ride hardware, and HUSS floorless top spins are 13.2m...

Not sure if there's enough height for a retractable platform though with the tunnel.

Edit: another issue is the ground space appears to be too small. The floorless model is 22x9 and the classic is 22x11.5, and the specified diameter is only 11.5x14.5m.

Last edited:
Definitely thinking this will be a 2025 project now though with the extent of the work needed. Unless it will be a mid-season ride opening with the path going past the site closed?IMG_8299.jpeg

As it involves digging up the path this would definitely be for 2025. I assume the reason they have decided to plonk it on the pathway is to improve the kinetics and movement in the area, while allowing space for queuing on the old Ripsaw site. Whereas Ripsaw used a bridge to extend the queue over the main path.

Certainly an interesting development! I quite like the idea of having a flat ride elevated and having an underpass - reminds me a bit of Grona Lund. Looks like it could also create a few different viewing angles - a more level one with the coffee shop, and of course, raised ones on the other sides. Hopefully the underpass and platform will be decently themed to nicely integrate it into the area.

With this new building it's same to assume that it's a 2025 job - perhaps this is the first of a few applications?

It's worth noting this is titled as Project Ocean on the planning docs. Might mean something, most likely means nothing.

It's hard to tell from those pictures (and the planning application site keeps crashing on me), but it looks as if this ride will take over the entire Ripsaw site and the existing public path, with a new public path consisting of an 'underpass' to get through to Galactica.