• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

A breakdance would be 🤤

I'd love to see that at Towers, perhaps with two queues, one for families, and one for thrillseekers, and they alternate the cycles.

No no no! None of this "family friendly" codswallop. A breaker should never be tamed!
Let's be honest, Merlin would never run one on a proper cycle anyway. There's no need for two queues, as it would never be the thrill machine it was intended to be.

While I don't expect this to be a break dance based on the plans, if they indeed have purchased three rides from Huss I think they are more likely to go with something like the new Magic 2g or Spinning Cruiser as different to what had previously or even a Troika 2g (I believe this what they have purchased for Legoland in California). Equally the Huss rumours could just be that and we see 3 rides from Zamperla (I certainly hope they have not gone with budget option like SBF). There is also their new version of the enterprise 2g which adds a new tilt feature and also can have with more open cars with two across lap bar seating.

If project Ocean is indeed some kind of new topspin (ie Huss suspended) with a 1.4 height restriction I suspect any other flats to have 1.2 restrictions and be more family thrill like the options I have mentioned, as they certainly need to fill that Gap in their line up.

I’ve just removed a number of posts, some alluding to “knowing something others don’t” and others in response to it. These posts are not allowed on TS as they don’t add to discussion and only cause friction with other members.

Thank you.

No no no! None of this "family friendly" codswallop. A breaker should never be tamed!
Let's be honest, Merlin would never run one on a proper cycle anyway. There's no need for two queues, as it would never be the thrill machine it was intended to be.
If the crew got ahold of a brake dance thay'll probably switch out the start button for a multi directional joystick!!!! Just to make it more entertaining for the staff

1000027758.jpg

I went to Alton Towers on Easter Saturday, and spotted this inside guest services near The Blade.

Everyone keeps discussing Galactica being re-themed, or becoming a different area - as well as discussions on Project Ocean and what it might mean.

This poster clearly shows that Galactica is a part of the Phalanx, as well as their OCEAN bases.

Project Ocean will be something to do with the Phalanx's underwater / sea bases, and I suspect a water element like we had with Ripsaw will re-enforce this themeing.

Additionally, I'm unsure if Galactica was ever mentioned in relation to the Phalanx, but I suspect a lore update and future storyline would tie it in, with some kind of mild Phalanx retheme but retaining the blue colour scheme.

I suspect the station will be re-themed at some point to fit in with the Phalanx theme too, with Galactica being the Phalanx's space division, assumedly closing any portals in which Nemesis type monsters come through.

Thought it was worth photographing if nobody had noticed it so far. Please don't chew my head off if there's already Galactica lore tying it in to the Phalanx or if this has been discussed.

1000027758.jpg

I went to Alton Towers on Easter Saturday, and spotted this inside guest services near The Blade.

Everyone keeps discussing Galactica being re-themed, or becoming a different area - as well as discussions on Project Ocean and what it might mean.

This poster clearly shows that Galactica is a part of the Phalanx, as well as their OCEAN bases.

Project Ocean will be something to do with the Phalanx's underwater / sea bases, and I suspect a water element like we had with Ripsaw will re-enforce this themeing.

Additionally, I'm unsure if Galactica was ever mentioned in relation to the Phalanx, but I suspect a lore update and future storyline would tie it in, with some kind of mild Phalanx retheme but retaining the blue colour scheme.

I suspect the station will be re-themed at some point to fit in with the Phalanx theme too, with Galactica being the Phalanx's space division, assumedly closing any portals in which Nemesis type monsters come through.

Thought it was worth photographing if nobody had noticed it so far. Please don't chew my head off if there's already Galactica lore tying it in to the Phalanx or if this has been discussed.
Apologies if anyone may struggle to read the poster, but it labels all phalanx divisions as;

- Facilities
- SubTerra
- Surface
- Ocean
- Galactic

I wouldn't read too much into it. From talking to some people in the know they are definitely aware that Galactica needs some attention (who isn't?). But I didn't get the impression that they've decided on a direction for it yet.

There's a lot of change happening at Merlin at the moment. Unless a project has a defined finish date I'd say even the people that actually do know what's coming could be significantly off by the time it actually opens.

This is just a fun Easter egg rather than a hint at what is actually coming.

What I would like is some sort of Oasis 'Hero' theme like the original Air concept, maybe with a new name to avoid Galactica just becoming a sideshow attraction amidst all this awful war/ Sub-Terra stuff they've ruined the rest of the area with.

But what I expect is lashing of gloss black paint, more X Sector inspired flashy red 'warning' lights, and a shipping container dumped in the middle of the plaza with "AR-02 GL-16" spray painted on it.

What I would like is some sort of Oasis 'Hero' theme like the original Air concept, maybe with a new name to avoid Galactica just becoming a sideshow attraction amidst all this awful war/ Sub-Terra stuff they've ruined the rest of the area with.

But what I expect is lashing of gloss black paint, more X Sector inspired flashy red 'warning' lights, and a shipping container dumped in the middle of the plaza with "AR-02 GL-16" spray painted on it.
And here's some spoon fed lore to shovel down your throat with it. I know you're a fan, so I couldn't resist. Let's leave nothing to the imagination here:

In the shadowed heart of the Forbidden Valley, the battle between the Nemesis and the Phalanx rages, a relentless clash of corruption and destruction. Yet, hope flickers amidst the darkness. Here's a backstory for the newly christened "Air" roller coaster, transformed into a symbol of resistance, a beacon of light:

The Oasis of Hope
For eons, a hidden oasis has existed within the Forbidden Valley. Shielded by ancient enchantments, this verdant sanctuary is a place of pure energy, untainted by the Phalanx's influence. Lush flora blooms, defying the wasteland, and pools of shimmering water reflect the untouched sky. This oasis is protected by a being known as the Cadent – a spirit embodying flight, freedom, and the boundless potential of the human imagination.

The Phalanx Threat
The relentless expansion of the Phalanx threatens this fragile sanctuary. Its creeping tendrils of corruption seek to consume the oasis, twisting its life-giving force into a weapon of subjugation. If the oasis falls, all hope for the Forbidden Valley may be lost.

Call to Action
Sensing the imminent threat, the Cadent reaches out, its energy flowing into an abandoned structure – the dormant coaster now known as "Air". Infused with the oasis's power, the steel and mechanics transform. Where once there was only a thrilling ride, now sleeps a dormant hero.

A desperate plea echoes through the valley, carried on the winds: individuals of exceptional spirit, of unyielding courage, are called to the Forbidden Valley. They must connect with the essence of Air and awaken its true form.

Air Reborn
When brave souls board Air, they don't simply ride - they become one with this mechanical marvel. Their spirits merge with the oasis-infused power of the coaster. The "flying" position is no longer merely a sensation – it becomes an act of defiance. As Air soars through the corrupted valley, trailing beams of cleansing energy, riders feel their spirits uplift. Each twist, each inversion, becomes an act of rebellion against the Phalanx.

The Cadbury Connection
The spirit of the Cadent mirrors the values embodied by Cadbury Heroes. Each element of Air's transformation aligns with a different aspect:
  • The revitalised vegetation of the Oasis: Echoes the purity and natural sweetness found in Dairy Milk and its variations.
  • Air's speed and exhilarating flight: Embodies the adventurous spirit of Twirl, Crunchie, and Wispa.
  • The defiance of Air against the Phalanx: Reflects the brave determination of Fudge or Boost.
The Outcome
Air is more than an amusement ride; it's a symbol of resistance. Those who soar with the reborn coaster become agents of change, their spirits imbued with the power of the oasis. With every exhilarating flight, Air pushes back the encroaching grasp of the Phalanx, carving a path of hope through the valley of despair. The battle may not be won yet, but the seeds of a future rebellion have been planted, and its spirit flies high on the wings of Air.

Or:

Nemesis is out of control. The newly reborn creature has already ripped apart one perfectly good shipping container (and damaged a lamp post!), miraculously it even managed to do this with a levitating tentacle, seemingly not attached to anything. And not a waterfall, or even a single drop of blood in sight thanks to the camouflage netting draped over it's wound.

So the Phalanx need a new shipping container to keep their B&Q pesticide pumps in, and erect one in front of the Roller Coaster Restaurant to serve as their base of operations for their fight back project; The World's first flying coaster fully dedicated to warfare, Galacticair Reborn: The Ride!

Immerse yourselves as you watch videos in the station containing cliché computer cursor typy kind of noise stock sound effects (oh and Eve is a baddie now and has been reprogrammed to have the cartoon villain guys moustache). Hold on tight as you soar above grass and mud, and take in the breathtaking views of a car park and loads of black coloured corrugated steel with X Sector flashy red lights on it. "Mwahahaha take that Nemesis, die die die". Guns.... Pew Pew!.....tanks..... helicopters.... something something something.

Last edited:
Or:

Nemesis is out of control. The newly reborn creature has already ripped apart one perfectly good shipping container (and damaged a lamp post!), miraculously it even managed to do this with a levitating tentacle, seemingly not attached to anything. And not a waterfall, or even a single drop of blood in sight thanks to the camouflage netting draped over it's wound.

So the Phalanx need a new shipping container to keep their B&Q pesticide pumps in, and erect one in front of the Roller Coaster Restaurant to serve as their base of operations for their fight back project; The World's first flying coaster fully dedicated to warfare, Galacticair Reborn: The Ride!

Immerse yourselves as you watch videos in the station containing cliché computer cursor typy kind of noise stock sound effects (oh and Eve is a baddie now and has been reprogrammed to now have the cartoon villain guys moustache). Hold on tight as you soar above grass and mud, and take in the breathtaking views of a car park and loads of black coloured corrugated steel with X Sector flashy red lights on it. "Mwahahaha take that Nemesis, die die die". Guns.... Pew Pew!.....tanks..... helicopters.... something something something.
Ok, I raise you:

The "Not-So-Hidden" Oasis
Turns out, there's no mystical sanctuary. Instead, there's just a patch of weeds behind a rusting shipping container labeled "NEMESIS SPARE PARTS - DO NOT TOUCH". Some poor intern, tasked with hiding the unsightly mess, slapped a "Top Secret Oasis" sign on some cardboard and called it a day.

The "Cadent" (More Like the Can't-dent)
The spirit of flight and defiance? Pfft. Meet Colin, the disgruntled seasonal park actor shoved into a crumpled bird costume made of duct tape and leftover mascot fur. His job is to stand near the coaster entrance, flap his "wings" halfheartedly, and squawk "Ca-CAW" at bewildered riders.

The "Transformation"
Let's be real, Alton Towers didn't infuse Air with any fancy energy. They couldn't even afford a new coat of paint. Instead, think: strategically placed potted plants (some may or may not be plastic), a hastily hung banner proclaiming "OASIS ZONE", and a broken misting machine spewing occasional lukewarm water at surprised guests.

Air "Reborn"
The heroic act of riding this coaster isn't about battling darkness – it's about enduring pure absurdity. Riders enter by squeezing past abandoned tools and stacked boxes of half-inflated balloons. The "flying" position isn't sleek, it's mostly you smashing your knees against the car in front. No cleansing energy here, just an overwhelming smell of hot plastic and Colin's questionable chicken-suit hygiene.

The "Cadbury" Connection
The only connection is pure desperation. After the retheme announcement, the park snack stands desperately cleared out all their unsold Cadbury Heroes multipacks:
  • Dairy Milk Oasis? Think trampled blooms and melted chocolate stains.
  • Air's speed? More like Crunchie bits sticking to riders' sweaty faces.
  • The defiance of Air? That's just guests refusing to pay for a locker and risking crushing their Twirl bar in the queue.
The (Grim) Outcome
Air isn't driving back the Phalanx, it's driving back rider numbers. Each confused trip creates a meme-worthy picture of disappointment. Yet, in a bizarre way, that could be its saving grace. Air becomes a legend of ridiculousness, the coaster so bad it's perversely hilarious. It's the ride you endure ironically, not for thrills, but for the story you can tell about the shipping-container-and-duct-tape "oasis".

Ok, I raise you:

The "Not-So-Hidden" Oasis
Turns out, there's no mystical sanctuary. Instead, there's just a patch of weeds behind a rusting shipping container labeled "NEMESIS SPARE PARTS - DO NOT TOUCH". Some poor intern, tasked with hiding the unsightly mess, slapped a "Top Secret Oasis" sign on some cardboard and called it a day.

The "Cadent" (More Like the Can't-dent)
The spirit of flight and defiance? Pfft. Meet Colin, the disgruntled seasonal park actor shoved into a crumpled bird costume made of duct tape and leftover mascot fur. His job is to stand near the coaster entrance, flap his "wings" halfheartedly, and squawk "Ca-CAW" at bewildered riders.

The "Transformation"
Let's be real, Alton Towers didn't infuse Air with any fancy energy. They couldn't even afford a new coat of paint. Instead, think: strategically placed potted plants (some may or may not be plastic), a hastily hung banner proclaiming "OASIS ZONE", and a broken misting machine spewing occasional lukewarm water at surprised guests.

Air "Reborn"
The heroic act of riding this coaster isn't about battling darkness – it's about enduring pure absurdity. Riders enter by squeezing past abandoned tools and stacked boxes of half-inflated balloons. The "flying" position isn't sleek, it's mostly you smashing your knees against the car in front. No cleansing energy here, just an overwhelming smell of hot plastic and Colin's questionable chicken-suit hygiene.

The "Cadbury" Connection
The only connection is pure desperation. After the retheme announcement, the park snack stands desperately cleared out all their unsold Cadbury Heroes multipacks:
  • Dairy Milk Oasis? Think trampled blooms and melted chocolate stains.
  • Air's speed? More like Crunchie bits sticking to riders' sweaty faces.
  • The defiance of Air? That's just guests refusing to pay for a locker and risking crushing their Twirl bar in the queue.
The (Grim) Outcome
Air isn't driving back the Phalanx, it's driving back rider numbers. Each confused trip creates a meme-worthy picture of disappointment. Yet, in a bizarre way, that could be its saving grace. Air becomes a legend of ridiculousness, the coaster so bad it's perversely hilarious. It's the ride you endure ironically, not for thrills, but for the story you can tell about the shipping-container-and-duct-tape "oasis".
Hmmm. Needs more shipping containers, and the Cadbury Heroes no sod likes like Double Decker needs more prominence. And would it kill you to put a haunted tree/forest/wooded area in there? Bob the maintenance guy could easily carve a spooky face with his Stanley knife on one of the tree trunks near the car park.

Your planter idea is absolutely absurd. No way those bad boys won't all be plastic!

Apologies if anyone may struggle to read the poster, but it labels all phalanx divisions as;

- Facilities
- SubTerra
- Surface
- Ocean
- Galactic
Nice little Easter egg. Cool to see them doing stuff like this.
I would imagine it is just a graphic designer/marketing staff member doing some extra work though rather than an actual hint to anything happening.

Reminds me of this from back in the day!

Attachments

• IMG_2863.jpeg
    IMG_2863.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 110