• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

I think ‘like for like replacement’ could easily mean ‘replacing one flat ride with another flat ride’ I.e we aren’t sticking a new rollercoaster in here Mr/Mrs Planner, so I wouldn’t read too much into that.

The reference to another Merlin ride is interesting though, must narrow it down somewhat?
It could easily be some archived measurements of Rameses from Chessington when Croc Drop was in the works, or the Top Spin that was at Heide Park.

Let's face it, there's such a dirth of flat rides within Merlin parks that it is a very narrow field nowadays...

Last edited:
dose that mean it has been decided?
If so, dose the addition of a time lapse camera imply it was accepted?
It's not quite the confirmation document, that cannot be far away from being added to the planning portal at this point, but it would certainly be an odd choice to install a camera if the park have been told the application has been refused planning permission.

The fact the only document to be added to the application during this extension period is from the council's Environmental Health department would heavily suggest that the hold up was on the council side rather than the park making changes at the request of the case officer.

Last edited:
Something like this would actually look right at home in Forbidden Valley:
It's sort of a Top Spin, but with the gondola slightly further away to give it a bit more swing.

Obviously capacity would need to be higher at Alton.

Diet Topspin?

Topspin Zero?

Can't believe it's not Topspin?

Capacity issues aside.....it looks more like a family flat to me. Just build the real thing.

Top Swing was my name of choice!

Honestly I think I'd like it more than a suspended Top Spin, because based on Talocan those things are incredibly intense.

While I would love the idea of Ripsaw returning. Its much more likely to be less intense and 1.2m height as the park has a real issue with ride offerings in this height range
If it is the Huss suspended top spin, that is minimum 1.3 metres so would be 1.4 metres at Towers.

Which is exactly why they shouldn't go for a topspin in that area. 4 x 1.4 attractions and only one below that in an entire area is wholly inappropriate.

Couldn't disagree more.

Heaven forbid we have just one area in the park geared towards thrill seekers......I mean it's thrill rides afterall that made this the premium park in the country in the 90's and 00's.

Family coasters and family flats are most welcome but put them in the other areas. Forbidden Valley should be aimed towards teenagers and above for me.