• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

Struggling to work out what this is or what it’s for. The elevated base looks like it’s been there for years, but timber fencing and steps have been added, albeit in a rather temporary and clumsy looking way.

Any ideas?

IMG_3147.jpeg

That's a Leica wooden tripod on the left of the platform, so either a total station or a laser to be going on top of it for surveying the base before/during/as built and looks to be another metal tripod leant against the platform.

There's also a 110v transformer on there, presumably for equipment and/or lighting power. I would guess the platform is being used as somewhere handy to store equipment, with the tripod location possibly used for the total station for ease without having to resection constantly.

It does seem a little strange to start this early if not planned to open this year, but opening so late in the season is strange in itself. Universal may have got them spooked that it is planned to open this year, or it maybe that they want a very healthy theming and testing window.

Might be wise to get it open this year if possible due to the dire ride availability 🤣

Is it that dire at the moment? Genuinely no idea as haven’t been since opening.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they open it this year, they could have it open in the summer holidays in theory and it gives them capacity for the busy end of season.

How long does it take to get these things installed and running after ground work is completed? I know they have that platform/arch to build too.

I know Talocan took quite some time, and that was just the hardware going in the pit, i know Talocan's theming scale is on a different level but i remember watching the updates "showing my age here" and it seemed to take forever to get past the installation phase onto themeing, that was mid 2000's though things might have changed. Or maybe Phantasialand just like doing things at a slower pace, idk XD

How long does it take to get these things installed and running after ground work is completed? I know they have that platform/arch to build too.

Fairly quickly without the complications like Talcon had, with it's heavy theming which helped delay the installation, as they also then needed to finish off the theming once installed.

The ride hardware itself, while it is the park model, is heavily based off the travelling model. It shares alot of features and efficiency designs for rapid installation and deconstruction, meaning the hardware itself can be installed and wired in, usually in a matter of weeks, being conservative. It is probably the electronics that will take the most amount of time on a permanent install on the hardware side. But with a competent team, the ride hardware will fly up very quickly.

The groundwork being done right now, will be by far, the longest stage of the construction process.

Last edited: