• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

39 People Stuck on Rameses Revenge Ride at Chessington

Re: Stuck on Ride at Chessington

Just had a quick look on Skynews website, its under the breaking news bit, so no real details yet but there is this photo showing its Rameses Revenge:

photo-5-1-522x293.jpg

http://news.sky.com/story/1104480/about-40-people-stuck-on-chessington-ride

Anyone got any idea how these kind of rides would get stuck? and would need the fire brigade? Looking at the photo, it looks like it has got stuck at the top or at a weird angle.

Re: 40 People Stuck on Ride at Chessington

The Baring Ring could of snapped?

A Motor could of failed?

Nice to see they a given them all a magical bottle of water...

I'm very concerned over this (non-breaking news) story as apparently Rameses Revenge has been experiencing these issues all day as 'restraints haven't been locking' and 'ride starting then stopping'. At least the guests are safe, considering many were children, and have been evacuated thanks to the LFB.

Wonder why they couldn't pump the restraints open like they can on Rippy?

Panic attack central; that's my idea of hell.

Something catastrophic must have gone wrong to mean they couldn't release them manually from it!

Bloody hell I'd hate to be on there, I'm sure I'd would panic to no end. Hope everyone is okay :(

Well it sounds like this is the end for Rammy then. :(
I'm starting to thing the whole park may as well be bulldozed.

Rode this with Mike and David on South meet last thing in the day. Thank goodness that was last weekend!

So that's 39 new restraints needed! I think the ride will just go, surely the cost of 39 new restraints, and what ever the problem is that caused the issue will just be easier to remove the ride!

I got stuck on Space Mountain 2 before right at the top of the cannon bit, but it only took them about 20 minutes to come up in harnesses and release us.

Eek. A great shame. If only half of what's being reported is true then I firmly believe that it will never run again. I put the chance of it being replaced with anything anytime soon as slim... and the chance of it being replaced with another thrill ride at near zero. :/

Rowe said:
I'm very concerned over this (non-breaking news) story as apparently Rameses Revenge has been experiencing these issues all day as 'restraints haven't been locking' and 'ride starting then stopping'. At least the guests are safe, considering many were children, and have been evacuated thanks to the LFB.

The restraint issues have ave been a problem since the start of the year. The ride has frequently broken down because of restraints not locking. Well there goes my favourite ride flat ride at a merlin theme park.

This has quite possibly been the worst year in Chessington's history....and we're only half way through.

I think Rattlensnake and Wild Asia must be about the only good things left in the park which have not been spoiled to some degree.

Chessington 'very sorry for any discomfort' caused

In a statement, Chessington World of Adventures has apologised to its guests for "any discomfort" caused when one of its rides broke down with 39 people on board:

At 4.06pm the Rameses Revenge at Chessington World of Adventures Resort in Surrey experienced a technical problem. This resulted in the automatic fail-safe system bringing the ride to a controlled stop. Experienced resort staff were on site immediately to assist with guest care.

No guests were injured in the incident. A small number of people were on the ride at the time and the resort's engineers worked with the emergency services implementing well-rehearsed procedures to ensure their comfort and safe removal from the ride.

We are very sorry for any discomfort our guests experienced during the delay.

– Chessington statement

It confirmed that the attraction would be open tomorrow.

Thank you sky for blowing things out of proportion!

Merlin are either going to sale off Chessie...or shut the place down, though I do see the latter happening with what crap's been going on this year with them.

God knows what must be going on in the Chessie boardroom 'cause that surely must be one of the worst, if not the worse, boardroom in the UK leisure industry. :/

I think a few people are overreacting to this story. The ride broke down and guests were stranded until they were able to be evacuated. It's not that unusual an occurrence. It maybe caused the riders some stress and inconvenience but at no point were they at any real risk. The cost of the repairs and a new set of restraints will be well within Chessington's budget and I highly doubt that this incident will result in the ride being closed.

On a side note, is it just me or are Huss rides the least reliable products to come from Germany?

Huss rides are perfectly reliable if you maintain them properly. They are also some of the best flat rides ever made :p

The thought occurs, given that Huss no longer exist, where will they get new restraints from?