• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Abortion: Right or Wrong?

Haha, my statement was "stupid" yet you go on to write some bigoted women-hating claptrap that basically calls a sizeable portion of the world's women "murderers". It's obvious you're just a misogynist who hates to see women exercising control over their own bodies and lives, so why not just be honest about it?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Sam, that is a personal attack on me which is clearly against forum rules, but for the record I love women, big women, small women, big mouths or quiet ones I love them all because I find them attractive and good company to be with.
I think you should look up what bigot meens before calling someone one.

Avoid personal attacks, we are not having another debate descend into idiocy and bitter argument.

You just don't like women with control over their own bodies...?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

In the past one of my ex's didn't really allow me control over my own body, he wouldn't let me go on any hormone contraception because HE didn't want me to mess up my hormones despite the fact we were only using condoms and I was in agony every month from cramps. If I had ever got pregnant with his child there is no way on this earth I would have kept it because I'm not ready yet plus I wouldn't want it to be born into the relationship we were having. Yes I would have had a abortion, would any of you not allowed me to have one? I've finally got control over my own body, I'm now on a hormone contraceptive which is not only reduced my risk of falling pregnant but relived the anemia and cramps that were so painful that it made me feel really nauseous every month. Also if you men are saying we shouldn't be allowed abortions if it's a one night stand doesn't the guy in question also need to be taught a lesson by a vasectomy?

Damnit Sam! Why must you make it so I agree with you, it feels strange to be on your side of an argument!

Everyone deserves an option. Infact abortions should be encouraged if you are uncapable or unwanting a child. I would rather see someone living a happy life without having to experience or look after the outcomes of childbirth, then force someone to put up with it due to some morals they may not believe!

May as well make eating meat illegal as some think it's morally wrong.

You see this is why I'm not a bigot because I don't force my believes onto anyone or decide everyone else is wrong and I'm right.
I give an opinion, I don't ask you to agree and call people names if you don't, I haven't said the law should be changed or campaigned for it to be, have I said it should be banned and those pesky women should be put in there place, no.
And for the record I was one of those horrible men who shouldn't be allowed a say in whether or not my partner has an abortion, she decided and told me what she was doing and I SUPPORTED her in it even though I didn't agree with it.
We're still together and now have children but there is not a day goes by without me thinking about what she/he would have turned out like.

Please don't tell ME I don't know anything about this subject or hate women having control of their body's.

D4n said:
why should it be a case of women being allowed to murder babies just because they've changed their mind, for example?

Pro-tip: that's the point where people stop taking you seriously.

I am having problems with Kelpie comment about condom being uncomfortable. This many be use to the fact that I got one that fitted me.

When i was single I would carry at least one, and used them. One of my girlfriend came from a one night stand. She decided to look me up due to the way I treated and respected her on that night and the next morning, but that a different story.

Maybe a large chunk of unwanted pregnancies in the abortion clinic would not be there if men respect women and not leave contraception solely to them or just assume they on something to stop pregnancy.

I think George Carlin expresses the stupidity and backwardness of anti-abortion arguments much better than I can.

George Carlin - Pro Life, Abortion and The Sanctity Of Life

"They're not pro-life, you know what they are? They're anti-woman, simple as it gets. They don't like women. They believe a woman's primary role is to act as a broodmare for the state."

Warning: strong language.

Even if we consider it murdering babies I'll still think abortion is right.

it's still the same thing regardless of the terminology we use.

Lets murder the babies and not murder the lives of woman! :)

those stats are over 2 years old and are from America where they are more pro life. d4n god help if you ever get a girl pregnant what are you going to do then? Talk her into keeping it when you can't afford it or give it everything it deserves? A girl should choose it's her body and if the male doesn't support then in their choice then they are the bad one in the relationship.

Fredward said:
Even if we consider it murdering babies I'll still think abortion is right.

it's still the same thing regardless of the terminology we use.

Lets murder the babies and not murder the lives of woman! :)

I not sure what your saying here Fredward, that by having a bady the women is being deliberately killed!
That doesn't make any sence to me, I know women can die during childbirth but thankfully that is now rather rare in developed countrys like ours.

Oh come off it. Worrying about abortions in the early stages of pregnancy is tantamount to crying over your shedding of skin cells.

Alive? Yes. Life? No.

Do you consider having a haircut MURDER as well?

An unborn fetus that has yet to develop the ability of self-awareness or the ability to feel, is not a person. To say that abortion is murder is not only wrong, it's emotional abuse of vulnerable women.

Meat Pie said:
Oh come off it. Worrying about abortions in the early stages of pregnancy is tantamount to crying over your shedding of skin cells.

Alive? Yes. Life? No.

An unborn fetus that has yet to develop the ability of self-awareness or the ability to feel, is not a person. To say that abortion is murder is not only wrong, it's emotional abuse of vulnerable women.

Does a strand of hair have a heartbeat? No don't be so silly MP. If you can think of a better word for deliberately killing a human then I'll happily use it, until then it's murder.

I hate the fact that the women's points of views aren't really being discussed, do we not matter? We are the ones who carry your children for gods sake! Go on see if you can do it without us, I dare you! All us women need is a few sperm donors, and I'm sure a few men will donate for money. It isn't really a topic up for discussion mainly among men as it isn't your choice at the end of the day it's ours.

Meat Pie said:

Hair cells are already dead, so its not really murder cutting them off.

Source

There is no yes or no answer to this question. There is thousands of different scenarios, which each have a different answers.

Ian