• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventure Island: General Discussion

Some people getting what I would consider a bonus cred down the side of Rage right now. Its taken them about 40 minutes to actually get people off, which seems a little excessive.

FB_IMG_1690552712224.jpg

Pretty rare to see evacs off of these to be fair to Gurst.

Its taken them about 40 minutes to actually get people off, which seems a little excessive.
40 minutes before they started to evacuate or 40 minutes to evacuate everyone? If the former then I fully agree. If the latter then considering the awkward position the riders are in, it doesn’t seem too bad.

40 minutes before they started to evacuate or 40 minutes to evacuate everyone? If the former then I fully agree. If the latter then considering the awkward position the riders are in, it doesn’t seem too bad.
Considering we were told it takes "about an hour" to do a lift hill evac on SAW at Thorpe Park, 40 minutes isn't too bad to get 8 people one at a time off at that angle onto the evac lift and down to the ground, that's 5 minutes per person.

You have to think of time for engineer to arrive 5-10 mins, potentially to restart the ride/ rectify the fault 5-15m then the worst case scenario evacuating becomes real time to set up harnesses etc so 30-40m is realistic even though it seems excessive. The evac time from 1st to last should be no more than 40-50 minutes.

40 to start unfortunately. It's obviously safe and all that, but not ideal. It's not the worst, but its a comfortable position to be stuck in.

Doing far better than the men's team has done, even in recent years.

Be funny to see all the heads explode if they win it all. Though no doubt will be claimed as "not being proper football" or nonsense like that.

Shame a number of rich people are just arseholes, who then cry out "Muh freedoms of speech" when they get called out for being arseholes.

I know he's the owner but if we're going to discuss Philip Miller then can we keep the discussion related to the park please? Thanks!

New 38 meter drop tower to be installed at Adventure Island.
"To rival rides at Drayton Manor" is amusingly featured in the first paragraph of the article, after the lede, as it originally compared it to Apocalypse, which of course has since been scrapped.

New 38 meter drop tower to be installed at Adventure Island.
"To rival rides at Drayton Manor" is amusingly featured in the first paragraph of the article, after the lede, as it originally compared it to Apocalypse, which of course has since been scrapped.
Aiming high I see.

Work in progress. Can't imagine this takes too long to get up?

My son will love it, though shame it's the third drop tower in the same park. Presumably the one by RAGE is going seeing as this makes it redundant?

From: https://twitter.com/Adv_Island/status/1724108230962372745?s=20

Sky Drop is properly knackered and has been for a while, I'm sure that'll be gone.

It's goofy, but I can't help liking AI's social media efforts over what we see coming out from Towers amd Merlin.

From: https://www.facebook.com/reel/1063986101398728?s=yWDuG2&fs=e