• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventure Island: General Discussion

I do wonder what they intend to replace them with, is there actual that much room there to fit anything much bigger of better than the classic dodgems?

The thing about those kind of seaside amusement parks is that they have some flexibility in terms of moving their attractions around to make space and open up areas. Wouldn’t be surprised though if they just used that space for some kind of temporary winter attraction for example. My local amusement park (Ocean Beach in South Shields) juggles things around and gets in a skating rink for their winter wonderland in December as an example.

I never been this park but seen it on many of Shawn’s Vlogs.
Anyway looking at Google Earth it’s a good amount of space available and they could move some of the other rides around the area.
BC9E55B5-E673-4DF6-ABF7-6C91B41B9759.png
I also compared it to the other coaster areas at the park.
E4E75C38-3DAB-48FC-AD8F-66EACD755BD8.png474DECBE-66F9-4B7C-A091-1B19111D291A.png367A400A-A1C4-4620-A53F-D8136AB1D7CB.png

I think your screenshot of the area is a little out of date :-(

So Axis is a few years old now and Screature was new for 2022, although i can see this moving to Vortexs old site..

Attachments

• 73DF1D57-BE51-4730-A44F-09012EEBE084.png
    73DF1D57-BE51-4730-A44F-09012EEBE084.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
But it’s listed on the rides for sale website as being in “Very good condition” lol, surprised that they didn’t add “Only one careful owner” as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well they couldn’t do that as everyone knows it’s had one careful owner and a reckless 2nd owner.
I think they will get another compact coaster and another flat ride on that site.

Screenshot_20221110-093427_Facebook~2.jpg

Making the poor old big wheel look like a very little wheel is the new big wheel, named the City Wheel to celebrate Southends new city status.

Looks good. I still think it's a bit of a shame it didn't go on the pier between the two sides of the park with an already elevated starting point.

Considering the planning application was for a large wheel and prop tower combo, it's probably a safe bet the tower will follow up soon...

Last edited:
Screenshot_20221110-093427_Facebook~2.jpg

Making the poor old big wheel look like a very little wheel is the new big wheel, named the City Wheel to celebrate Southends new city status.

Looks good. I still think it's a bit of a shame it didn't go on the pier between the two sides of the park with an already elevated starting point.

Considering the planning application was for a large wheel and prop tower combo, it's probably a safe bet the tower will follow up soon...
...and a few hours later, it's complete including gondolas!

20221110_170746.jpg
Is that especially quick for a construction of a big wheel?