• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Adventure Island: General Discussion

Still no sign of the new ride.

Did note that all the rides are operating in 40mph winds cough cough AT 🤡

It's not really advertising, it's more activision and pressurising.

I'm guessing most here are most offended by the political alliance than the sentiment, and I'm with you, but whatever the hell is going on in that council and what they re doing with parking is outrageous and unjustifiable. I have the pleasure of parking around there daily, and the prices have gone up three times this year, they are extending to the evening, and their enforcement team act terribly and certainly not within the national guidelines they are supposed to.

I'm not at all surprised that local businesses are trying to allow their customers to park, and if this is what it takes to pressurise the council to be reasonable I'm all for it. They are crooks.

I'm not familiar with the politics in Southend, and this could easily go off topic. But I do wonder whether the council are jacking up the parking prices partly because of funding shortfalls from central government. A lot of councils are struggling financially and a lot of councils are warning that they face imminent risk of going bankrupt. I'm not saying the council are perfectly competent because in my experience they often aren't, but all across the country councils seem to be doing things like this. There's been a sharp rise in the number of local authorities charging for public toilets.