• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Alton Towers Merchandise

Is it just me or do those Wickerman pin badges look better than the exclusive one that you get with the photobox?

Talking about the Wickerman Photobox, it looks like an on-ride photo is included in that package.

Hahaha!

It cracks me up that people actually do this. "Limited Edition" - yeah, for the next 8 months at least! Would rather save the £20 and get it all myself from the park.

Check out this chancer though. Asking £20 each for a new Duel or Blade pin! I'm all for capitalism and people holding onto things for a while until there's no more supply, and the demand then commands an extra fee. But just trying it on with new ones that are freely available at the theme park and will be available on line very soon? Bit scummy really. Here's to hoping anyone who buys will just claim a refund when they realize they could have bought for £4 + p&p or pick up themselves from the park.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alton-to...286673?hash=item2854e99791:g:L8QAAOSwroZaroTK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alton-to...307835?hash=item2854e9ea3b:g:SlQAAOSwjylaroUP

Edit - No wonder they didn't want to put a pic of the packaging with the date on. Very underhand.

At the rate I saw people buying them on opening morning, they won't last long unless they've got a massive shipment in. People were chucking them into baskets.

There's a sign on the shelf saying "max of 5 badges per transaction". However, I questioned this when I saw people lobbing loads in baskets. An AT employee then told me it was 5 of EACH badge maximum per transaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get this pin badge craze at all. I'm sure this is a very recent thing? I don't remember hearing about this a couple of years ago.

Yeah, it's really kicked off in the last couple of years. Some of them can be worth good money, especially the older ones. The thing I don't understand though is when these plastic pop badges sell for a lot of money. They're basically a generic piece of coloured plastic with a sticker on. These stickers could be produced quite cheaply. Only a mongoloid would pay more than several quid for one.

Yeah, it's really kicked off in the last couple of years. Some of them can be worth good money, especially the older ones. The thing I don't understand though is when these plastic pop badges sell for a lot of money. They're basically a generic piece of coloured plastic with a sticker on. These stickers could be produced quite cheaply. Only a mongoloid would pay more than several quid for one.
Yeah, some of them do look good but I definitely wouldn't ever pay hundreds of pounds for one from a scalper!

People grabbing all the pins is just pure madness, selfish and extremely greedy :disappointed:

This really first happened with the rollercoaster restaurant pin badge, when they first came out, they all sold out and were selling on ebay for £100's of pounds. A few months later, the Rollercoaster Restaurant had them back in stock. Now you can get them on line for a bargain of £1.50 https://shop.altontowers.com/collections/pin-badges/products/rollercoaster-restaurant-badge :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I still don't understand if these pin badges are very popular, why Alton don't do a pre-orders of these online giving collectors the option of either collecting these in person or paying extra for P&P? This way, it will give everyone an opportunity to acquire one as well as giving Alton an idea on how many to order.

Reactions: TPC
I don't go into the pin badge collecting.

I do have a nemesis pin as it is the ride of my youth and holds a special place in my heart.

I understand the collecting thing as @LittleDelta collects alton towers ride bears.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

To be honest, with the amount they've brought out this year (it's gotta be about 8-10 new ones) people will struggle to get the whole set unless they visit pretty early on in the season. There will always be a few that will sell out before the others. I made sure I got what I needed on opening day ;)

Last time there was a craze on badges was in the late sixties and early seventies, lots of people wore them around floppy sun hats.
Preferred clackers and space hoppers.
...and pogs.

Just had a thought (yes, really), after playing Top Trumps with my son, and remembering how much I loved it as a kid (ok, and still do!) . . . A top trumps set of your favourite theme park would be pretty cool I reckon. Great pics of rides past and present. Stats such as height, length, speed, fun rating, fear factor, etc. I’d love to see this. Would be both fun to play and collectible.

Reactions: pj
It's been done. Merlin issued a Top Trumps set a few years back (actually, it might have been quite a few years back now). The stats were an utter joke. Wildly innacurate, and skewed so that the newest rides always won, regardless of the actual facts.

I have a German achterbahn deck somewhere as well.

Just seen it, ‘Thrill Rides’ featuring AT, Thorpe & Chessington. Guessing it’s hard to get hold of now. Found that German one too but not sure it’s still available. Site is in German and I can’t see a shopping cart anywhere! A park specific set would be cool though