• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Anything Radioactive Topic

The Tsar Bomba was never a serious weapon, it was only built to scare the yanks. It was so big that the only plane that could carry it (the Bear) would have been limited in range to the point that wherever they dropped it, the fallout would land on Soviet territory!

Both sides realised pretty early on that it is much more efficient to use more bombs of smaller yield than one massive bomb. Especially if a missile goes off target, you then have a few back up bombs aimed at the same place. The vast majority of nukes are "only" in the 1-3 megaton range, with the Russians going as high as 5MT in their generic stockpile.

I have a book that lists all the USSR's known targets in the UK, and how much they intended to hit each one with. I'll get round to posting it at some point, but it's a good 4 pages long, so I need to summon the effort! Most places get a minimum of 2 ICBMs and 2 air-dropped bombs!

Last edited:
Radiation readings in my gaff have doubled since yesterday afternoon... though they are still well within the normal background levels. TBH, I'd say that yesterday was just an abnormally low reading. I'm not panicking yet. Not until I see the needle dance like it did for @Danny. ;)

Been thinking about this alot recently. Think its because I caught a glimpse of protect and survive the other week. However, I doubt nukes will ever go away. Still that cold war type paranoia. Especially with north Korea. They may only have a rocket attached to a Amiga 500 but still. Always that threat

we are going to end up with a new radiation threat soon. It is just what source it comes from that is the mystery.
nuke being thrown around, Dirty bomb or profit driven cuts causing another Chernobyl

Moore St Substation being discussed on FB today, an excuse for a nuke wave reflecting piece of infrastructure

moore-street-substation.jpg