• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Archived Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Re: Europa-Park 2014: Trip Planning, Questions and Advice!

LiamC said:
Hi Guys,

Me and the girlfriend have booked to go to EP in August and I've got a couple of questions regarding getting to/once on resort if anyone could help me out please :) -

• I'm looking for the email address for the mini bus transfer you can book. I know it's in here somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it!
  • Once you're on resort are you able to use the pools in other hotels or are you only allowed to use facilities in your own?
  • How easy is it to get to EP via public transport from Basel or Strasbourg?

Thanks in advance :)

If you're flying to Basel, I'd highly recommend http://www.stiefvater-reisen.de/index.php/europapark-shuttle which is the company also recommended in the OP.

With regards to using the pools in the other hotels, when we went, there was no security/checking of details at the pool (as far as I'm aware) and thus it's easy to use the facilities in any of the hotels (Someone may be able to verify this)

Unfortunately I can't answer the 3rd question as when I went, we simply used the minibus, and have rebooked this year, also with the minibus company again.

LiamC said:
Hi Guys,

Me and the girlfriend have booked to go to EP in August and I've got a couple of questions regarding getting to/once on resort if anyone could help me out please :) -

• I'm looking for the email address for the mini bus transfer you can book. I know it's in here somewhere but I can't for the life of me find it!
  • Once you're on resort are you able to use the pools in other hotels or are you only allowed to use facilities in your own?
  • How easy is it to get to EP via public transport from Basel or Strasbourg?

Thanks in advance :)

Krispy is right on point 1, that's the company we have used previously. Regarding pool access, you do need a room key to access any of the pools/changing areas, but you can indeed use them all regardless of your hotel.

RE: Travel

Basel
If you're travelling from the airport, take a line 50 bus from the airport to Basel SBB railway station. From there, you can travel to Ringsheim, usually via Freiburg. Check times and book advance at www.bahn.co.uk. From Ringsheim, take the EP shuttle bus which runs at frequent intervals.

Strasbourg
Buy the Europass 24 hour ticket (as explained in the original post), taking a train to Offenburg. Upon arriving at Offenburg, take the next train to Ringsheim (usually a double decker red train with a destination of Basel or Freiburg). Upon arrival at Ringsheim, take the EP shuttle bus which runs at frequent intervals.

Travel Times with trains/bus:
Basel Airport - Europa-Park: 2 hours 30 minutes
Strasbourg - Europa-Park: 1 hour 15 minutes

Danny said:
I'm not too fussed what we get really, but I did indeed put it in as a request. Now officially counting down the days to my first visit to Europa :)
It's about 2 full days of wondering round just saying wow for your first visit and the days after it's still amazing

Not sure if it has already been mentioned in this thread, but from March 30th Easyjet start flying from Gatwick to Strasbourg, with 4 flights each way a week (Mond, Wed, Fri & Sun). Prices seem fairly reasonable, starting from £32.99, being similar in price of the cost of a flight to Basel, but bare in mind there are only 4 flights a week and thus prices could increase quicker than the Basel flight prices.

With the 24h Europass ticket which will get you from Strasbourg to Europa it could be a nice alternative to flying to Basel. :)

Hi
Help please. I’m planning our first visit to Europa. Thinking of going for 3/4 nights over New Year.

1. Which rides don’t run in the winter?
2. There are six of us, two adults and 17/14/10 and 9 year old. Can anyone recommend an apartment in Rust very close to the park entrance-or do Europa hotels have rooms for 6 and are they good value for money?
3. Thinking of driving to save costs (make it a bit of a family road trip). Has anyone done this?
Any help/advice on anything would be very much appreciated. Only ever been to Disneyland Paris outside of England!

Kernow71 said:
Hi
Help please. I’m planning our first visit to Europa. Thinking of going for 3/4 nights over New Year.

1. Which rides don’t run in the winter?
2. There are six of us, two adults and 17/14/10 and 9 year old. Can anyone recommend an apartment in Rust very close to the park entrance-or do Europa hotels have rooms for 6 and are they good value for money?
3. Thinking of driving to save costs (make it a bit of a family road trip). Has anyone done this?
Any help/advice on anything would be very much appreciated. Only ever been to Disneyland Paris outside of England!

1. This year, it was Silver Star, Wodan + the water rides (and Blue Fire if the temperature drops below about 3-5 degrees)

2. Avoid the resort hotels over new year, they are hideously expensive. Instead, take a look at somewhere like Elzpark (highly recommended and about 5 minutes walk to the park entrance)

3. It's a very easy drive (so I hear, I was a passenger) almost entirely on French/German autoroutes/autobahn (motorways) - however it's about 6 hours from Calais so you may decide you want to stop overnight en-route, especially if coming from somewhere not in the southeast of the UK. There are several Ibis and other chain hotels en-route near to the motorways to allow you to do this. :)

Might go in August then so all the rides are open. Is that cheaper than New Year in the hotels?

Yes.

New Year you are only able to buy packages which include glitzy new year gala dinners etc.

I'd recommend a 6-bed room in Colosseo or Bell Rock for your stay.

Europa is perfect for your age demographic!

:)

Going to book at Bell Rock. It seems more expensive to book park tickets with the room than to get the tickets separately? Is that right?

Hey,

I may finally be going to Europa Park, but before I start planning any trips I am interested to know is there any parks nearby to Europa that are worth visiting?

Driving distance: Tripsdrill and Holiday Park are both 2 hours and the closest reasonably major parks. Walygator is 2 1/2 hours. Those three parks are fairly small but each have at least one major and renowned ride.

If you're on public transport then in one day, not really.

Hmm, has anyone managed to do Europa Park and Heide Park in the same trip, or is that totally out of the question? We haven't really decided how many days to do yet, so I am open to ideas, would be good to do both parks but if it requires too much travel then I doubt we'll do that.

ScottPBE said:
Hmm, has anyone managed to do Europa Park and Heide Park in the same trip, or is that totally out of the question? We haven't really decided how many days to do yet, so I am open to ideas, would be good to do both parks but if it requires too much travel then I doubt we'll do that.

That is around a 6 hour drive!

Heide Park is in North Germany where as Europa Park is South Germany. Holiday Park and Tripsdrill are closer parks, but still a 2 hour drive to both.

Hope this helps!

Lottie. said:
ScottPBE said:

That is around a 6 hour drive!

Heide Park is in North Germany where as Europa Park is South Germany. Holiday Park and Tripsdrill are closer parks, but still a 2 hour drive to both.

Hope this helps!

That helps massively, thanks, it means we can work out how we're going to go about doing the trip now.

Thanks for the help. :)

It is quite easy to fit in other parks when doing Europa. For example this April I'm doing Toverland, Holiday Park, EP, Tripsdrill and Nigloland all in one trip. A couple of years ago I did EP, Phantasialand, Movie Park Germany and Parc Asterix all in the same trip.

If you plan on driving from the UK then just have a play around with possible routes on Google Maps.

Rob said:
It is quite easy to fit in other parks when doing Europa. For example this April I'm doing Toverland, Holiday Park, EP, Tripsdrill and Nigloland all in one trip. A couple of years ago I did EP, Phantasialand, Movie Park Germany and Parc Asterix all in the same trip.

If you plan on driving from the UK then just have a play around with possible routes on Google Maps.

This.

Although Europa-Park should probably be your far point.

A really good driving route from the UK would be:

Ferry to Calais
-> Walygator (1 day)
-> Europa-Park (2-3 days)
-> Holiday Park (1 day)
-> Phantasialand (1-2 days) and/or Toverland (1 day) and/or Efteling (1 day)
Ferry from Calais

:D

Hi, I'm hopefully going europa park in the summer and just wanted to ask a couple of questions :)
1. I'm in the park for 2 1/2 days, is that long enough to get on everything, and some re rides on silver star and blue fire etc?
2. Is it worth hiring a car or booking a hotel with shuttles from the airport to the hotel?
3. I've worked out I'm having 7 meals not including breakfast (as the hotel has breakfast included) so roughly how much money per person is needed for food?

Hi Jake. With regards to your first point, it depends on how you define 'everything'. I'd say you could probably get around all the rides that the average adult guest would want to ride (including rerides on the ones you like the most) and perhaps see a couple of the shows in that time, but to do absolutely everything you'd want a couple more days. However, as good as the park is, I find more than 3 days can feel like too long at the same place. If you miss out on a few things, you at least have an excuse for a return visit!

Transport from airports is not something I know much about unfortunately. I'll leave this one to others with more experience.

I budget about €50 per day for food. You won't necessarily spend that much depending on the places you choose to eat at, but if you decide to do a reasonably expensive (but generally well worth it) hotel restaurant one evening it should even itself out over the course of your stay.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.