• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Bellewaerde Park: General Discussion

Mad how they've built this mad rapids with a giant slide and bizarre lift whist Alton spent years turning their rapids into a lazy river and were scared to turn the waterfalls on for years.

Almost as if there was a massive incident on a similar ride type in the country and that resulted in mass changes to how the ride type was operated across the board.

Wouldn't be surprised if this had some form of restraint on it. Though the Plopsa Coo water slide with a similar half pipe element doesn't if I recall.

Almost as if there was a massive incident on a similar ride type in the country and that resulted in mass changes to how the ride type was operated across the board.

Wouldn't be surprised if this had some form of restraint on it. Though the Plopsa Coo water slide with a similar half pipe element doesn't if I recall.
I don’t think the boats have any restraints

I’ve noticed on a few videos now it has opened that it doesn’t slam as much into the side, it does seem they have added more gripping which I don’t think was always there before it opened to slot it down and stop it slamming into the side

I read the park opted to not buy the boats from Intamin and they just supplied the ride system and they went with a cheaper manufacture for the boats and this is why there where some issues with the boats then slamming into the side. Not sure how true that is

How is this park in general, thinking of going? What are the best rides? Is it worth a trip over from the UK compared to our offerings or similar standard? Would be going with my son who is 1.22m

Think at 1.2m he can go on the majority of things. I presume it also has the zoo stuff still (including the Tiger Train) so worth it if in the area.

Nothing spectacular but decent enough.

Think at 1.2m he can go on the majority of things. I presume it also has the zoo stuff still (including the Tiger Train) so worth it if in the area.

Nothing spectacular but decent enough.

Thanks. Does Huracan still have all the dark ride elements or is it dilapidated?

Thanks. Does Huracan still have all the dark ride elements or is it dilapidated?
It was still working fine when I visited in August 2022.

Its a very charming park with plenty to see and do.

When I visited it was part of a longer trip we'd visited Plopsaland, Bagatelle, Dennlys Parc, and a fair in Lille in the days before. Stayed by Ypres, visited Bellewarde and then drove to Phantasialand. Then heading back towards Calais via a day and a half at Walibi Belgium.

It was still working fine when I visited in August 2022.

Its a very charming park with plenty to see and do.

When I visited it was part of a longer trip we'd visited Plopsaland, Bagatelle, Dennlys Parc, and a fair in Lille in the days before. Stayed by Ypres, visited Bellewarde and then drove to Phantasialand. Then heading back towards Calais via a day and a half at Walibi Belgium.

Thanks! Would it be fair to say it’s quite comparable to Paultons? Seems pleasantly themed with a focus on family thrills…

Thanks! Would it be fair to say it’s quite comparable to Paultons? Seems pleasantly themed with a focus on family thrills…
Yeah it's very much family thrills with Wakala, Huracan, and Dawson Duel. Plus the first ever boomerang to operate.
Have a very rare topple tower as well which is worth a go but something that's much better to watch than ride.

A really good Jungle Cruise type ride with a mixture of animatronics and real animal exhibits.
Also a a Harry Houdini themed mad house.
Plus a Lemur enclosure you can go into!