• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Bellewaerde Park: General Discussion

Looks like a rapids meets a water slide, how intriguing, especially as they already have a rapids.

Looks like a rapids meets a water slide, how intriguing, especially as they already have a rapids.
Maybe this one will be more like a water slide, like Storm Surge at Thorpe or those travelling ones that are found on the fair circuit?

Maybe this one will be more like a water slide, like Storm Surge at Thorpe or those travelling ones that are found on the fair circuit?
It would seem to be considerably more elaborate than that, rumoured to be costing €13 million:

0317belkev1.jpg

It would seem to be considerably more elaborate than that, rumoured to be costing €13 million:

0317belkev1.jpg
Wow, that looks incredible!
That station though... (if it is the station, just before the elevator)
And do you know what the smaller ride next to it is?

It looks to me like the station will be indoors underneath the rock work on the right, before the big lift hill. Then the ride will end with the vertical lift and massive slide drop!

It looks to me like the station will be indoors underneath the rock work on the right, before the big lift hill. Then the ride will end with the vertical lift and massive slide drop!
That would make sense, I initially thought the station was that small partially covered section just before the elevator.

Partially on the site of the Tivoli coaster, extending towards the Boomerang (there is currently quite a bit of unused land between the two coasters)

couldn’t find another topic for Bellewarde so I’ll pop this year. It work is progressing well on their new rapids. It definitely looks big in person and high so far.
IMG_9066.jpegIMG_9067.jpeg
The theme’s now been announced for this new ride and the supporting kids log flume and junior coaster - will be styled to Brazil:

The rapids in the latest concept art look significantly less elaborate than the original plans.

Well that's just nonsense.

Suppose elevator lifts have been in use for so long it's surprising no one has done it before. Guess a consideration of throughput being affected too much.

Looks a good fit for the family market they cater to. Wonder if it means they'll be removing the older rapids at some point. Be a nice space for putting in another new area.

Mad how they've built this mad rapids with a giant slide and bizarre lift whist Alton spent years turning their rapids into a lazy river and were scared to turn the waterfalls on for years.