• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Are Duel and Hex closed? The website just seems to indicate you have to wear a face mask.

Are Duel and Hex closed? The website just seems to indicate you have to wear a face mask.
Yes, Duel and Hex are not opening until 17th May, as far as I’m aware. Neither are Gangsta Granny or the Dungeons.

Sorry for double posting, but the PBE crew have got a great video showing off some of the changes for the 2021 season at Blackpool Pleasure Beach:

As well as the Big One, it would appear that Big Dipper has received quite a bit of trackwork this off-season, and according to Scott and the rest of the PBE crew, both rides are riding noticeably better, which is great to hear!

I’d be intrigued to know the thoughts of some of TST’s own Blackpool regulars, as I’m guessing some of you may have been at BPB yesterday?

At what point is the big one no longer the big one. Surely it has had close to (if not more) than half it's track replaced now. Which technically makes it a new coaster. New cred anyone?

With that logic every wood coaster in the world would be a new credit pretty frequently !

The steel plates ontop of the track on a woodie are usually kept though - the plates the train wheels actually ride on. With the wood below that being replaced. Making it not a total replacement. With the steel coasters though, everything, including what the trains directly ride on is replaced.

So not quite the same in my view.

The steel plates ontop of the track on a woodie are usually kept though - the plates the train wheels actually ride on. With the wood below that being replaced. Making it not a total replacement. With the steel coasters though, everything, including what the trains directly ride on is replaced.

So not quite the same in my view.
plas-main1.jpg

I would argue that trying to claim a coaster that has had more of its track replaced is still the same coaster is clutching at straws to be fair. Or is it too incovenient for enthusiasts. So they just ignore me.

Last edited:
I would argue that trying to claim a coaster that has had more of its track replaced is still the same coaster is clutching at straws to be fair. Or is it too incovenient for enthusiasts. So they just ignore me.

The Hulk at IoA had all its track replaced. It isn't a new coaster, or a new credit at all. If it was replaced with a whole new layout, or switched from chain lift to launch or something I think there is more of an argument. But if worn track is replaced like-for-like it is still the same coaster.

My wife, who has absolutely no interest in rollercoasters, has just informed me that the Big One is definitely still the Big One, however many bits of track have been replaced.
Inconveniently, she isn't an enthusiast, but she was most amused to discover she is no longer with the man she married.

I like the models they have but god knows where they're plucking the prices from because surely it doesn't cost that much to 3D print something. Metal and plastic Disney ride vehicles only cost around £30 and they're much higher quality.

Trigger's Broom?

Or the Sugababes.

Efteling replaced all of their coaster Python the other year and I'd still class it as the same coaster.

I'd say for it to be seen as a new coaster the layout needs to be significantly changed (eg an RMC conversion).

Wonder if enthusiasts had similar discussions when the Big Dipper was re-routed in the 1930s?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.