Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by AstroDan, 6th Mar 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    You could blame 'shrinkflation' but in real terms you're actually paying less for less. £99 in 2001 was equivalent to £167.45 in 2020.

D4n and shakey like this.
  2. shakey

shakey TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Wild Mouse - Blackpool - :(
    Don't think they would get many takers at £167.

Although if they still had Wild Mouse, Log Flume, Monorail, Noahs Ark, Gold Mine, The Whip, Trauma Towers, Turtle Chase, Astro Swirl, Space Invader, Tea Cups and the Magnolia Cafe then I would gladly pay £200

EDIT : I missed out the Water Chute.

So many rides gone since 2001 and not a great deal replacing them.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Last edited: 28th Aug 2021
    Dipper_Dave, MaxPower and jon81uk like this.
  3. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

Add in the Reel and Funhouse and I would pay £250

4. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Debating the value of a season pass at £99 feels like it's a second division debate when for the Friday night sessions (16:00 - 21:30) it's £40 online or £42 on the gate.

I'm all for them having some gate price integrity, but that doesn't feel like the right figure. That said, I suspect the park will be pretty empty and you'll have full run of the place.

Dipper_Dave likes this.
  5. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

I wonder if the free day visits to partnering parks will ever return as a season pass perk?

6. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux

Few Pleasure Beach views in this.

7. John

John TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    If I lived a bit nearer I'd get a season pass in a heartbeat - it's a bargain compared with the cost of a single wristband. As it is, I'm reluctant to make the ~2hr journey when I have no confidence the park will be able to offer a good experience. There's been too many horror stories of queues longer than Towers or Thorpe this year.

On a similar note, BPB's illuminations Fridays are coming up with the park open from 4-9.30. Later openings during illuminations is exactly what fans of the park have been calling out for, but it's a shame that the overall hours are still so short - with the park open for just five and a half hours the online price of £40 just seems absurd.

8. shakey

Favourite Ride:
    I am 2 hrs away and I still feel its worth it.

You only need 3 visits and you also get 10% off food and merch. Plus 15% off the hotels.

Regarding queues, I have had one really bad day this year but apart from that I think the queues have been reasonable. Some days you have to accept that it's not worth queuing for the big one though.

I have to agree that £40 for 5 and a half hours seems a little steep. It's good they are trying something different but if it fails then I suspect they will just scrap it after this year.

Dipper_Dave and jon81uk like this.
  9. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    I could understand Liseberg style openings (3-10) as that's a good 7 hours. 5.5 is miserly.

jon81uk, D4n and rob666 like this.
  10. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    @shakey you're more on top of this stuff than me, if you select a Friday evening date, it seems to offer you a 2 day e-ticket for £60. Is that new (reintroduced) for these events?

11. shakey

Favourite Ride:
    I've not come across that before, but I haven't paid for entry for anyone this season.

I think that's a good idea. But again at £60 it's still a lot. £20 for the 2nd day.

Didn't towers used to do £10 for the following day? Do they still do that.

12. NuttySquirrel

NuttySquirrel TowersStreet Member

Just two years ago I paid £25 (with advanced booking) for late-night riding at the end of September. Park hours were 10am to 10pm and that included fireworks as well. In comparison, paying £40 for less than six park hours and no fireworks is frankly insane.

Dipper_Dave and Poisson like this.
  13. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Not sure if you can buy on-park for the following day at present, but a two day ticket is available for just £10 more than a one day ticket when booking for Alton Towers

shakey likes this.
  14. shakey

Favourite Ride:
    Pleasure beach entry and car parking prices have rocketed in the last 3 years. Probably due to the cost of Icon.

The problem with the Fridays in September is that if they are busy then people are not going to get their moneys worth so may not come back.

And if they are dead then the park will just scrap it for next year.

They need something in between for it to be a success.

Dipper_Dave and jon81uk like this.
  15. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    This is probably my fault for singling these out, it's worth pointing out that 5.5 hours evening pricing is the same as the 6 hour September weekdays, as best as I can tell.

16. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    I haven't been to BPB this season and won't be.

It's just a rip off for what it is. It is simply not appropriate for the place to be charging more than Alton Towers given the market they operate in! The price rises are absurd since 2019.

Poisson, D4n and NuttySquirrel like this.
  17. jon81uk

I went to BPB on a July weekday, paid £32 each (well we used Tesco Clubcard so it was discounted but should have been £32). It was a 10-6 (well most rides actually opened at 1030) day and we arrived for 10am and left about 530. Got on everything we wanted to and some re-rides. It was worth the £32 price.
    But £42, that would be a nope, particularly for a shorter day and potentially longer queues.

Dipper_Dave likes this.
  18. JAperson

JAperson TowersStreet Member

I'm thinking of doing a trip to pleasure beach. We don't shop at tesco so can't use clubcard vouchers. Does pleasrue beach have any other discounts in place?

19. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

No, sorry.
    Online booking is cheaper than on the door, and offers often start weekdays around now, but highly unlikely this year , due to staycation demand.

JAperson likes this.
  20. jon81uk

I think there used to be some student discounts or employee discounts but can't find any at the moment, NUS (Totum) states its not available right now.

I managed to find a list on Blackpools site about student discount, its only 10% though
    Employee & Student Reward Schemes | Blackpool Pleasure Beach

JAperson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.