• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It would need varied pricing, why pay £3 for Alice when the Big One is the same price.

At risk of regurgitating, thats why ticket sheets were so good, you only got two AA tickets so had to decide which headline ride to choose, but more C/D tickets for the smaller rides.

Yep they would need to have a price structure but don't need to overcomplicate it.

They have those daft scanners which are now pointless, so why not use them for something useful like a pay per ride system. Can't be that difficult to implement.

Ok, this is purely hypothetical. They are never going to try it unfortunately. More likely to rebuild the Wild Mouse..... now there's an idea :)

Those were great times. I remember going in December once, paid around a tenner for the South area, probably no more than 100 people there. Re-rides on the Big One in the snow. Miss those and the full £10 wristband days even though it was carnage, the atmosphere around Easter was brilliant.

I really like supporting UK parks but I have a weekend booked in Blackpool in October and for the first time I am considering not going to the Pleasure Beach as think £40 per ticket for me and the wife is too expensive. I am gutted feeling like this as I love the Pleasure Beach but I do not think it is worth the money.

I really like supporting UK parks but I have a weekend booked in Blackpool in October and for the first time I am considering not going to the Pleasure Beach as think £40 per ticket for me and the wife is too expensive. I am gutted feeling like this as I love the Pleasure Beach but I do not think it is worth the money.
Have you been to the Sandcastle waterpark? You could go there instead maybe as it's cheaper.

Are they not doing the saver online anymore then? When you book over a week in advance type of deal?

Now varies between £37 and £44, booking in advance.
Saturdays are now £44 in advance!
Soak those staycationers!
One of the joys of capitalism though, if you don't like it, vote with your feet.

I paid £70 in advance for the 2 kids in May half term. Has it gone up even since then?

It's a minimum £40 midweek and £44 on Saturdays (with advance booking) . The only slightly cheaper days are the winter weekends.

So likely that next year will also be at least £40 after wow weekends.

You dont even need a voucher for half price entry at towers. Just book via the carex website. You don't need to take a voucher with you. I did this last week and got in for £26.50 plus the £6 parking.

https://carex.co.uk/merlin/

Pleasure beach are in danger of over pricing themselves, if they haven't already.

Having said that it makes the season passes really good value.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

They are simply managing a built up congested park through ticket pricing.
Mandy's Range Rover Evoques don't grow on trees you know.
Massive staycation demand has pushed prices up everywhere coastal.

I paid £70 in advance for the 2 kids in May half term. Has it gone up even since then?
The Beach has always made a peak season price increase, then does discount offers midweek in the loomynations.
Their pricing has become even more fluid this year....different weekdays sometimes have different prices.

We will do the Merlin attractions as we have MAPs, also the piers and on the Saturday night there is a round of the world fireworks championships. We also like the heritage trams so we will find plenty to do.
Tram to Fleetwood.
Chips at the ferry terminus.
Ferry to Knott End.
Pint in the (only!) pub.
Ferry back and tram return, walking the last bit between the three piers.
Living the high life in the North!
Top day out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person who doesn’t think £40 for a day out at BPB is too expensive? I’ve always got on more rides at BPB in 6 hours than I have at Alton. £40 is under 4 and a half hours work now days at NMW. Maybe living in a major tourist destination in Cornwall has skewed my outlook on pricing, but I can’t even have a night out for £40 anymore! Heck a round for 4 cost me over £25 at my local the other day!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.