• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thanks for the update guys. What a shambles. No way on earth am I paying £40 to go PB. Hahahaha.

Think if anything it shows how Merlin with the constant 2 for 1 vouchers, and free ticket give aways with the scum have totally distorted what theme park prices should realistically be in this country.

If you're making trips to Efteling, Europa Park, Toverland, most Six Flags Parks outside of buying a season pass I've always found finding any sort of discounted tickets near on impossible.

Am I the only person who doesn’t think £40 for a day out at BPB is too expensive? I’ve always got on more rides at BPB in 6 hours than I have at Alton. £40 is under 4 and a half hours work now days at NMW. Maybe living in a major tourist destination in Cornwall has skewed my outlook on pricing, but I can’t even have a night out for £40 anymore! Heck a round for 4 cost me over £25 at my local the other day!

yep I don’t think Blackpool is significantly overpriced, over £40 is a bit much maybe but £35-39 is okay. The Merlin parks are £34/39 online which is a fair price.
The issue is the 2for1 vouchers making the Merlin parks £27. The number of booking slots for the vouchers seems more limited this year, but they still aren’t hugely restricted.

Merlin have massively cut the circulation of offers and bargain bin passes. The online price is also fair for the Merlin parks now.

Flamingoland and BPB are the most overpriced parks in the UK, in my view at £44 and £37.50 respectively for Saturdays.

Paultons isn't far behind - but at least Paultons are heavily investing in a tip-top product, so it's not so bad as you can see exactly where your cash is going.

To me, BPB only gets worse every year as the price rockets up.

Merlin have massively cut the circulation of offers and bargain bin passes. The online price is also fair for the Merlin parks now.

I managed to get the half price offer 2 days before I went, and the park was very busy.

I actually tried a few days earlier and couldn't book but checked again 2 days before and it let me book it. (I could have even booked the day before)

At that price it makes it decent value but I don't think the general online price is good value for a busy day. I managed 10 rides in over 8 and a half hours . And apart from a 30 minute stop for pizza I was trying my best to get as many rides in as possible. So I was probably stood in queues for close to 7 hours in total.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I managed to get the half price offer 2 days before I went, and the park was very busy.

I actually tried a few days earlier and couldn't book but checked again 2 days before and it let me book it. (I could have even booked the day before)

At that price it makes it decent value but I don't think the general online price is good value for a busy day. I managed 10 rides in over 8 and a half hours . And apart from a 30 minute stop for pizza I was trying my best to get as many rides in as possible. So I was probably stood in queues for close to 7 hours in total.

8 rides at £38 works out at £4.xx per ride. Probably reasonable vs. a funfair. I think most families would be fairly happy with 8-10 rides per day in all honesty. Us geeks wouldn't but most folk I think yes.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

8 rides at £38 works out at £4.xx per ride. Probably reasonable vs. a funfair. I think most families would be fairly happy with 8-10 rides per day in all honesty. Us geeks wouldn't but most folk I think yes.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I don't think the price per ride is the issue. I would have gladly paid £40 to visit towers with 10 ride tokens that I could use when I felt like it if there were no long queues. I could have taken my time, enjoyed the gardens (and ruins if they were open), had a beer or two and just gone on a ride when I felt like it.

The problem is the 80% or more of your day that you have to stand in a queue. I am not particularly aiming this at Alton Towers. This is a problem with all POP parks unless you can visit on off peak days or you have deep pockets to pay for queue jumping.

The only solution I can envisage apart from pay per ride is to have a virtual queuing system as standard for all guests.

Not sure how hard that would be to implement successfully but I reckon it would be a game changer if any park could get a system like that to work.

And think of all that extra time guests would have to spend their cash on other things while they are virtually queuing.

Last edited:
This is a problem with all POP parks unless you can visit on off peak days or you have deep pockets to pay for queue jumping.

The only solution I can envisage apart from pay per ride is to have a virtual queuing system as standard for all guests.
Or remove all fasttrack options so everyone is in the same boat again and it’s just one steadily moving queue.

Pleasure beach almost have everything in place all ready for virtual queueing. You currently have to scan in on every ride anyway. Speedypass is essentially a paid virtual queue system.

If they opened it up for all guests then I think it would be better to simply show the number of people in front of you in the queue, then when it hits zero you have 15 mins to scan in.

They may need to move the scanners to allow a small real queue after scanning (for the varience of when people turned up during their 15 min window), but I could see something like that working.

Pleasure Beach are offering their local deal on the Friday night event (£5 off) - not sure if they were last week, in all honesty, but they're pushing it on a number of platforms today.

Valid for residents in FY and PR postcodes.

image-3.gif

Do they know it's been closed all year and all of last year?

Some people would say that's improved the ride experience.

I mean as the park are reopening it I don't see an issue, Fury 325 didn't operate last year (from what I can remember) and that still won best steel coaster.

Off topic but interesting to see Lightning Rod is now classified as steel not wood.

The awards lack a lot of credibility. Valhalla for all intents and purposes no longer exists as its previous ride experience and no one has ridden the new ride, so what’s being voted for? A closed ride, a ride that doesn’t exist or a ride that no one’s been on yet? I think the use of a picture of the old entrance skull which hasn’t existed for the best part of a decade in the awards, sums up what you need to know about the accuracy of this award.

It’s a good accolade for Pleasure Beach to brag about though.

I love Valhalla, but it hasn't deserved this award for at least the last 5 years. On a more exciting note though, I do really like this promo image. PB now need to get it plastered over the park!

item_875527.jpg

I love Valhalla, but it hasn't deserved this award for at least the last 5 years. On a more exciting note though, I do really like this promo image. PB now need to get it plastered over the park!

item_875527.jpg

Well that's good, suggests that at least some of the fire effects are going to be preserved...

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.