• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2021 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Or how about Chance/Morgan? They’ve redone an Arrow hyper before; the conversion from Steel Phantom to Phantom’s Revenge at Kennywood was done by them!

Why would the park spend millions of pounds changing a coaster that is the most popular ride in the park, even after 27 years of service?

It's still the go to ride for any thrill seeker that visits the park.

Yes it could have had a better layout, but despite some questionable decisions the park have made over the years I dont think they are going to waste tons of money just to please a few enthusiasts.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Why would the park spend millions of pounds changing a coaster that is the most popular ride in the park, even after 27 years of service?

Yes it could have had a better layout, but despite some questionable decisions the park have made over the years I dont think they are going to waste tons of money just to please a few enthusiasts.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk
Because it is as rough as a badgers arse, that's why. It beats people up, like the National, but different.
It wouldn't be just for the geeks, all riders would benefit.
Steeper drops, to the ground, with an extra hill each way along the front, would make all the difference.

Not necessarily altering the layout massively but the top of the drop hasn't been right since day 1 and the trains aren't great and I imagine after nearly 30 years they're crackered. Getting a proper company to redesign the drop and turnaround with 3 new trains and fixing the brakes would do it a world of good

I'm looking on doing two days at Pleasure Beach next year. Does anyone know the cheapest way to do this? Is there a 2 day pass? I can't seem to find anything on the website was just wondering.

I do wonder whether it could be updated in a way to take back the height record from Thorpe a year or two after Exodus opens. Would probably be a worthwhile investment to renew interest in the ride and park as a whole while also getting it to ride better.

I'm looking on doing two days at Pleasure Beach next year. Does anyone know the cheapest way to do this? Is there a 2 day pass? I can't seem to find anything on the website was just wondering.

While this is not the cheapest option it could offer the best value depending on where you intend on staying and when you are visiting.....

Check the season pass price in the new year to see if they have a sale on. They may not but they have reduced the price to around £100 in January in the past.

Still marginally more than 2 days on the park, but that gives you 15% off the hotels (It says 10% on the website but it is actually 15%). You also get 10% off food, merchandise and SpeedyPass. And the added bonus of being able to visit again whenever you want, for free - If you get chance.

Definitely worth thinking about if they reduce the cost in a sale from the current £145 to around £100.

If they build a new RMC, that’d give them three in total after they RMC Big One and National. That could be their new world record as well - more RMCs than anywhere else.

Now they have a company to make bits for it I imagine it's not too hard. It'll be when the supports need serious work that'll be fun.

And build an RMC ride in its place, or build a new RMC and keep the Big One?

Continuing to Sellotape the Big One together for decades to come feels like it'll be difficult, but doable.

Build a new RMC in another area of the park and continue to re-track the big one whilst it remains financially sensible to do so.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.