• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’ve just been looking to buy season passes for myself and my kids and I was a little disappointed to see that it states “Sorry, our allocation of Platinum Season Passes for the 2022 season has been used and is no longer available to purchase for the 2022 season”.

I know that they were hinting on social media a while back that season passes were limited in number but it seems crazy to not be offering them at this time of the year when the season has only just started. I know from the vlogs that it seems be very quiet at the park during these weekends, you’d think they’d want more people visiting the park and spending money on food and merch whilst they are there. Absolutely no way I’d be wanting to take a family of four there and paying admission prices when you’ve got PMBO, Valhalla, and Nash all unavailable right now.

Now there's a coaster I would've loved to go on. Can't imagine how mad it would've been in one of those tubs.

It was bloody lovely my friend.
Regarding the stopping of pass sales...
Wow, I thought the "limited" numbers was just a sales ploy!
The majority of pass holders must turn up at peak times a great deal then, something I never do.

Yes.
Rough but fun, very slow towards the end.
Closest description would be like the Wild Mouse, but a bit slower, all on a circular bench seat with no restraints, just an outside bar to grip onto.
Often ended up in someone's lap, or on the cramped floor.
Had a big horseshoe run off under the ride in the dark, following the ride footprint.
Cried when it got pulled, really felt like the end of my youth as I watched the last of it being pulled down.
Rotten through, built on a massive wedge platform of what looked like railway sleepers, with the track built up on top.
Half a dozen zig zags, followed by three small helix drops at the end, then the tunnel in the dark at the very end.
Very, very popular ride for young couples, and big boy/girl groups.
The horseshoe tunnel at the end was a notorious orgy zone.
I wish.

Yes.
Rough but fun, very slow towards the end.
Closest description would be like the Wild Mouse, but a bit slower, all on a circular bench seat with no restraints, just an outside bar to grip onto.
Often ended up in someone's lap, or on the cramped floor.
Had a big horseshoe run off under the ride in the dark, following the ride footprint.
Cried when it got pulled, really felt like the end of my youth as I watched the last of it being pulled down.
Rotten through, built on a massive wedge platform of what looked like railway sleepers, with the track built up on top.
Half a dozen zig zags, followed by three small helix drops at the end, then the tunnel in the dark at the very end.
Very, very popular ride for young couples, and big boy/girl groups.
The horseshoe tunnel at the end was a notorious orgy zone.
I wish.
I really does sound great, wish I was around to ride it. I still stand by my statement that a modern wooden manufacture could do something really cool with a Virginia real concept.

Johnny Ball at the pleasure beach. A recently uploaded youtube video.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

The Beach has gone plastic only!
Swines!
Pre paid plastic available for kids and "refusers" at the ticket office.
Bet Crevettes will still accept my filthy wad.
I'm glad they know that not everyone will be able to pay by card (myself included). Bit rich that the prepayment cards aren't refundable though mind

But it is the Beach mate, they would charge you a 50% fee if they thought they could get away with it!
I still like trying to get on coasters with a 30 year old "A" ticket.

It’s becoming more and more common now for places to not accept cash. I know there’s lots of bars and restaurants which are card only. I guess there is the charge these companies get from the card companies, but it also must save them a fortune in not having to cash up, send to the bank, put money back in tills the next day, count the money, etc. plus all the issues of staff stealing, etc. so I can see why places are going this way.

Is it just a preference thing or do you genuinely not have a debit card of some description?
Most of my customers prefer to pay me in cash...only one, wise, intelligent, customer pays direct into my account, which is better.
I prefer using cash in parks, one twenty pound note, one season pass, and a car key are all I usually carry, and my strap on of course.
When you look on the terms and conditions, there are about twenty places that won't use the card...including my precious Crevettes.

Fair enough. You could set up a prepaid card with £20 loaded but it would involve a bit of admin each time.

It’s becoming more and more common now for places to not accept cash. I know there’s lots of bars and restaurants which are card only. I guess there is the charge these companies get from the card companies, but it also must save them a fortune in not having to cash up, send to the bank, put money back in tills the next day, count the money, etc. plus all the issues of staff stealing, etc. so I can see why places are going this way.
I know for some smaller bars/pubs they had issues with break in and theft too so it wasn’t worth paying the insurance for cash.
But for the theme parks theft from staff would probably be a big issue too, as there are so many staff often working in remote locations.

Have PB done the honourable thing and mustered up all their rides for operation yet?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.