• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Came upto Blackpool for the day, mainly to catch up with friends but had a nice few hours on the park. Plus the rain did hold off until about half an hour ago, got a bit wet walking upto the station.

Almost certain it's a travelling German ride. Taken on the same day as this.

Also in that photo of George in his own l'm pretty sure the trailer from the famous photo above is in shot to the left.

Good grief, first visit of the year, they've gone and ripped out Nickelodeonland, pulled out half the rides, and stuck Timber Tugboat, Rocky Express and Lumber Jump in their place.
Bradley Beaver was last seen kicking the crap out of Donatello Ninja Turtle behind the Pizza Kitchen, and Bella was spotted moving their cottage, brick by brick, from the Learning Garden, back in front of Bradley's Splash Bash.
Lovely first visit, couple of coasters, couple of beers and a fight with random strangers on the dodgems.
Had Infusion brass brake fins in the shop...£125...shame they spelt it break fin.
I might have told one or two fibs.

Good grief, first visit of the year, they've gone and ripped out Nickelodeonland, pulled out half the rides, and stuck Timber Tugboat, Rocky Express and Lumber Jump in their place.
Bradley Beaver was last seen kicking the crap out of Donatello Ninja Turtle behind the Pizza Kitchen, and Bella was spotted moving their cottage, brick by brick, from the Learning Garden, back in front of Bradley's Splash Bash.
Lovely first visit, couple of coasters, couple of beers and a fight with random strangers on the dodgems.
Had Infusion brass brake fins in the shop...£125...shame they spelt it break fin.
I might have told one or two fibs.

@rob666 what fibs have you told?

@rob666 what fibs have you told?
It was Leonardo really.
In other news, they have redone the Red Rum sign on Steeplechase, and only had six dodgems running.
Still more geeks on park than you can shake a mucky stick at, but a sad lack of jolly boys...I had to buy my own beer, and no bitter on tap anymore in Crevettes.
Quite busy overall, but it is half term...think it will go dead at these prices come March.

They have started to paint avalanche over the winter, and the bits which are done look so much better than the old rusty parts! I assume they will continue to paint it all during the week, as there’s a cherry picker still near the ride. Also shocked to see avalanche actually running two trains on Saturday!

They have started to paint avalanche over the winter, and the bits which are done look so much better than the old rusty parts! I assume they will continue to paint it all during the week, as there’s a cherry picker still near the ride. Also shocked to see avalanche actually running two trains on Saturday!

This is good, it was looking tatty from the Icon queue last season. I'd still love to see the woodies' handrails painted like they used to be, but I doubt we'll ever see it again. Also River Caves frontage.

Was in the office this morning so popped on park at lunchtime. Comically bad, but was never going to be anything else in these conditions.

Staff who started at 11:00 being sent home at 13:00. Mad really.

Was in the office this morning so popped on park at lunchtime. Comically bad, but was never going to be anything else in these conditions.

Staff who started at 11:00 being sent home at 13:00. Mad really.

Bad in what way? Poor numbers? Hardly any rides ripen? Revolution not making it back into the station?

All of the above really. When I arrived the only coasters operating were Revolution Steeplechase. By the time I left Streak, Dipper and Infusion had opened and Avalanche was testing.

Dipper stalled this morning so they were being fairly cautious with that. Definitely not CBA, as soon as the weather turned they started cracking on with it - you could argue they had to because so much was intended to be closed already.

Blue Flyer doesn't get the sun to melt the ice so that could perhaps be closed for a while longer and suspect it's too cold for Icon.

Seeing the photos I'm glad opening weekend was last week.

I know the opening weekend is done to coincide with half term but you do wonder if they should really look at delaying opening in future years until early March. Especially if they continue to operate into late November.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.