• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The question I’m wondering now though is “how much?”

I think realistically £5 is too cheap and everyone would pay it so potentially between £10-15.

I know probably some of the general public are going to be abit miffed that they’d have to pay more for the experience, but is this a trial from pleasure beach to see how popular it is? To the extent they could extend it to a full train eventually?

And bizarrely the map also claims that I am stood outside the T-Cafe (near W&G), but I can assure you I am actually currently in a small village between Rotherham and Worksop. So they've got that wrong!!!

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Based on Enso just having just 2 seats on 1 train available we can assume a capacity somewhere in the order of 30 people per hour, possibly slightly less depending on how badly the seatbelts (and Enso itself) affect operations. With that in mind I think anything less than about £10 is unlikely but they'll have to get the pricing right as it would be a bit embarrassing if no-one pays and they just end up plucking people out of the main queue at random to fill the seats.

I nearly made a joke about Nick Land still being on this years park map but felt it unnecessary. Sadly I was wrong.

The argument will be that if people don't want to do it, they don't have to pay for it. But it will disappoint quite a few guests. Upcharge attractions like Sky Coasters and go kart tracks used to be a lot more common, but when was the last time a British park added something like that? I suspect the reason they don't is partly because it's a common complaint on Trip Advisor. I know you could argue that Fast Track is a bit like a pay per ride model, but the feeling a lot of guests have is that you pay to get in/get your wristband and then every attraction should be included.

Based on Enso just having just 2 seats on 1 train available we can assume a capacity somewhere in the order of 30 people per hour, possibly slightly less depending on how badly the seatbelts (and Enso itself) affect operations. With that in mind I think anything less than about £10 is unlikely but they'll have to get the pricing right as it would be a bit embarrassing if no-one pays and they just end up plucking people out of the main queue at random to fill the seats.

I nearly made a joke about Nick Land still being on this years park map but felt it unnecessary. Sadly I was wrong.

And obviously extrapolating this, 15 Ensō trains and 15 normal trains as they now only run 2 tops due to seatbelt faff iirc gives 450pph.

Oh dear.

Won’t this also mean that one train out of the 3 will now only have 14 riders in it instead of 16, and if Enso isn’t booked, it’ll only have 12?

The oddest thing about having a single train with the spinning seats is that if they want to offer Enso daily, that train will always have to run. They seem to make quite a point of swapping the existing ones out when running less than 3 (almost always).

The oddest thing about having a single train with the spinning seats is that if they want to offer Enso daily, that train will always have to run. They seem to make quite a point of swapping the existing ones out when running less than 3 (almost always).
That's a really good point actually Rick. Will be interesting to see what they do about that. :)

I think it sometimes still runs 3 trains but often double stacks when it does, so whether or not they actually bother putting all 3 on remains to be seen. Enso throughput would be higher on 2, certainly

Fixed the map for you @rob666

2cVfqOZ.png

If we say roughly 15 Ensō trains an hour, 3 trains on circuit, 4 mins per Ensō dispatch. 15.333 people per train on average, it'd be 45 trains an hour and 690pph. Still way short of decent.

I mean with the unveiling of Nemmy retrack, my prediction of Vekoma BoomerWing at CWOA is unlikely.

Very interested now in price. Anything over a fiver is running the risk of no uptake.

I think it's on a German fair. There is photo of them sat on a trailer in front of a coaster with Sutcliffe and Best still in the band.

I think it's on a German fair. There is photo of them sat on a trailer in front of a coaster with Sutcliffe and Best still in the band.
Didn't even think of that, I assumed Southport or another northern seaside resort.

Makes sense as George was deported from Germany for being under 18. Must have been not long after that photo.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.