• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
...and still no Big One and Grand Prix.
Crevettes was open, and selling beer for cash, so there is hope.
Rather quiet today, despite the sun.

Have PB done the honourable thing and mustered up all their rides for operation yet?

No. On the closures list is Big One, Nash, Valhalla, Grand Prix, the kids carousel and car ride.

This perhaps explains the relatively light crowds despite the very good weather.

Yup, lots of conversations on park yesterday about how busy it should have been on the first sunny weekend before Easter.
White Knuckle weekends used to mean cheap rides, packed park, and rides running at full capacity.
It should be no more than twenty quid with the current ride offering.

If you do have a season pass however...Sunday morning was amazing.
Front/back/back seats on Icon, dodgems and a pint.
All in one hour.

I'm not sure how I feel about PB at the moment.

- Big One's track doesn't fit
- Valhalla delay rumours flying about
- Enso coming soon which I imagine will totally wreck Icon's operations
- £39 for the privilege of a park minus its three best (imo) rides!

It's interesting that they have gone to the effort of repainting Valhalla's construction fences when theoretically it should only be a few months before they come down? They have also removed the signs which mention "reimagining" which I find... interesting.

Hopefully Big One's track is less of an issue than it looks and Valhalla's rumours are nonsense. At the moment I'm just not feeling much enthusiasm.

Wait, PMBO's new track didn't fit? Really? I haven't watched any of the videos of it being installed and I just assumed they'd finished it all off last week.

Wait, PMBO's new track didn't fit? Really? I haven't watched any of the videos of it being installed and I just assumed they'd finished it all off last week.

Pleasure Beach Experience posted a vlog from the park the other day and they were hoping that PMBO will be open for next weekend.

Last edited:
Anyone without an annual pass would have to be crazy to visit PB right now.
Maybe not. I visited on one of the bank Holidays with my son last year. Queued 2 hours for icon. Didn't bother with big one as it was an insane queue. Long waits for others too. I won't be doing that again.

You could get 5 times as many rides in at the moment, admitadly big one is missing, but Nash is hardly a great loss (to me anyway) and vallhalla has been shut for 2 years.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Depends what you value in a day at BPB really - personally, I would not pay (practically) full price with 3 of their biggest rides closed. I'm all about the high ride count days but I'll be waiting for a full coaster line up to hand over any money to the park.

For forty quid, what the park is offering to non pass punters is terrible value for low season.
Staycation time is over, the park is dead, time for the fools in charge of ticket prices to wake up.
They should have been busy last weekend, with a complete line up...and making a bomb on f&b and tat sales...they weren't.

Can't remember exactly where but there is a bodge where they packed out a gap (maybe start of the reprofiled turnaround?) from where the previously did work back in the 90s

I've spotted that BPB have updated their booking site to list that The Big One will be unavailable on the following dates;

Sat 12th - Sun 13th March
Sat 19th - Sun 20th March

It was only Grand National showing for these dates up until yesterday, so looks like (another) delay. On this plus side, I'm saving a lot of petrol so far this season!

I'm waiting for Valhalla to re-open before I go. The Big One doesn't bother me anymore. Done it hundreds of times and it's hardly anything to write home about anyway.

Probably just do the one trip this year given the cost. Nice sunny day hopefully with a full ride offering.

The Big One doesn't bother me anymore. Done it hundreds of times and it's hardly anything to write home about anyway.

Come on, it's secretly your favourite, I mean why else would you be bothered to ride it HUNDREDS of times?

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.