• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Going to BPB for the first time in April, excited for some new coaster credits. The burning question is: Will Valhalla reopen this year? I believe it will, but not sure when this year exactly.

Who knows, hopefully the fact they've taken the walls down may point to an early season opening.

I'll be there for the opening day in March myself, which seems weird given the past decade of February openings.

Do we really need a new topic ? It makes it a pain to find things ...

Regardless, here are a couple of photos from earlier.

There is some work being done on the Eastern perimeter wall, near the exit to the maze.

PXL_20230101_150452613.jpg

PXL_20230101_150430943.jpg

The Big One track work is largely unchanged. Here you can see the whole section that has been removed - 'the gap', as it were.

PXL_20230101_145333305.jpg

Here you can (just) make out that there is a 50ft or so section of existing track between the yet to be installed bit and what they did last off season. The newer stuff starts at the last support you can see in the shot on the right, before it climbs to Star Hill.

PXL_20230101_145207746.jpg

Back towards the turnaround, there is a single scaffolding tower to some existing track, not sure what's going on there.

PXL_20230101_145454108.jpg

The Grand National is ... still there.

PXL_20230101_150243856.jpg

Do we really need a new topic ? It makes it a pain to find things ...
The topic that came beforehand was labelled specifically as 2022 so I thought that a new one for this year should be made.

I think when project exodus is open Amanda is gonna get out her sand castle bucket and spade and start digging some sand making the sea level go down by a couple feet.

The big one will once again take the crown 👑.
The sad thing is that I can almost see this happening.

Wasn't too long ago they were still playing the 'tallest, fastest, steepest roller coaster in the world' announcement in the Big One station.

Well it might have been a while ago but it had long lost all of said records by many years.

Big One is now the UK's longest, so they could hang off that if they were savvy enough...
It’s actually Europe’s longest, as a matter of fact! So its length is now arguably a more impressive accolade than its height!

It has previously taken Blackpool a while to acknowledge the Big One losing records, though. They still referred to it as “the world’s tallest roller coaster” in the 1998 documentary even though Fujiyama opened 2 years prior, and I seem to remember hearing that it took them a while to acknowledge Silver Star usurping The Big One as Europe’s tallest roller coaster.

Apologies if this isn’t the best thread to put this but Pleasure Beach Experience have announced that they are rebranding and their channel will now be known as Your Experience Guide.

113efc942e75eb1a3ed3b289f66bd1fe.jpg

Yeah, it’s not quite the kind of name I thought they might have gone for.

https://youtu.be/7cp0CF7xoY8

Apologies if this isn’t the best thread to put this but Pleasure Beach Experience have announced that they are rebranding and their channel will now be known as Your Experience Guide.
I don't mind Scott & Co. at PBE (YEG) I guess you get to a point that with every man and his dog now having a YouTube channel, there aren't many new names left to chose from.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.