• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The station could do with a little TLC. It’s got great bones, with that beautiful arch, but even a lick of paint and some filler would go a long way for the 100th.

I am curious to how different the station has been over time, I think much of what is there now dates from the rebuild after the 1975 fire.

There's something about the Dipper station that feels a bit cold / barren. Not sure what it is.

This era looks fabulous, reminds a little of the Racer station at Kennywood, with the trellis.

Blackpool-Pleasure-Beach-Big-Dipper-1930s-1.jpg

There's something about the Dipper station that feels a bit cold / barren. Not sure what it is.
Probably because it is cold and baron. I guess it’s quite a large station, especially where the fountain is, and it’s very open at that top end so it’s always a bit cold and miserable in there. Then the bottom half is all concrete where the road way is.

It would be nice for it to be a bit more closed in, making it a bit warmer I guess. Knowing Mandy it will just all be clad in grey and will look as bland as Icon or Coasters.

There used to be a small carousel dangling under the "Iced Gem", for a lot of years.
No need for teeth, just hold on with your hands.
Lots of pictures of it on google images.

Now I may have made a basic enthusiast error here...
Rick...is that a carousel, or is it a merry go round?
The nation needs clarification.
Which way are the gee gees heading?

So clockwise, which means merry go round (or gallopers), but not an actual carousel, as that would be Yankee anti clockwise.
Allegedly.

So most of the major theme parks in th UK getting new coasters. Blackpool - hey let's build a big wheel...

It may not be what a coaster enthusiast would want but I actually think this could be a good business decision , because you will actually be able to see it from outside the park !!

But there are certain caveats !

1. It need to be massive.
2. If its PPR which I am guessing it could be, then it needs to be affordable to ride.
3. They need to make the park walk up price more attractive. There is currently a £12 difference between the online price and the walk up price. I would like to see that come down to around a £5 difference, so they can pick up the extra walk up trade that a massive wheel may bring. They could also offer cheaper entrance to the park if it's later in the day.
4. Offer discounted park entry for anyone riding the wheel. It should have great views of the park and it may get people thinking they want to go in.

I would also like to see the wheel available for park guests for free, but not sure how likely that is.

Having said all that they will probably make it about £20 per person to ride the wheel with no change to the park entrance fees. If they do that then it's a missed opportunity.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.