• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Valhalla theme music is not even original to Hot Ice - 'Song of the Elders' is actually a cover of an old Maori song, Tarakihi. I'd describe it as a very Western-ised cover - all the Maori lyrics have been replaced in the Hot Ice version by nonsensical vocals.

The original is pretty epic to watch! Here is New Zealand singer Kiri Te Kanawa performing with a Maori chorus:

Wow ! Never knew that.

Did you read it all @rob666 ? Note point 4 below. You better get yourself a passport.

The successful applicant will be required;
  • To test numerous rides at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and report on a number of key fun factors such as speed, thrills, and excitement levels.
  • To advise where they think improvements could be made to increase the fun factor on individual rides.
  • To work with the Operations Department if necessary to come up with fun and thrilling ideas for future projects.
  • To travel to other European parks to provide feedback and reports to Blackpool Pleasure Beach on other rides.

And what did you put in "Which ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach would you most like to test?" -- Virginia Reel ? or Wild Mouse ? :)
Doesn't say anything in the requirements about the applicant requiring a passport though, or having funds to be able to go abroad.

Going to apply myself later though as it's a one-off temporary role. Right up my street.

When I win, I will be forced to get a fresh one, the nice people on the Beach will happily pay for it, after about a decade managing very well without one.
I don't currently have one and haven't for years, but if I was successful then I'd apply for one.

How do you know, and why would they be advertising it if it wasn't? If it were April 1st I'd agree with you, but it isn't.

Because it's free publicity. Excellent clickbait for the media. Do you really think they're going to legitimately invite someone in to record opinion-based statistics of rides that aren't going to change, or fork out to ship someone to much better parks abroad? It's a cheap and cheerful PR stunt; nothing more.

They can barely afford an actual marketing campaign, nevermind sending a random member of the public off on their jollies. They've looked at the other parks in the UK and thought "we'll have some of that". Towers with the pop-up doll house. Thorpe and Chessington both getting enthusiasts down on construction sites.

It's prime PR to whip up attention before the season starts, and this is their offering on the table.

If only they had an impressive indoor water attraction to do something with...

Do you really think they're going to legitimately invite someone in to record opinion-based statistics of rides that aren't going to change, or fork out to ship someone to much better parks abroad? It's a cheap and cheerful PR stunt; nothing more.
Well this is Blackpool Pleasure Beach we are talking about so anything is possible.

If it is just a PR stunt then wouldn't trading standards have something to say ? Basically that means they are putting up a job advert and asking for applications for a job that doesn't exist.

Although I have to agree it does all seem like something you would see on April the 1st

It is 100% a media stunt.
Do you really think I would apply for a real job at the Beach...and shatter the illusion of half a century's dreams.
And am I the sort of person that would apply for a real job shakey???
I thought you knew me, you daft bloody tyke.

Reactions: Tom
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.