• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Lovely bloke seen him leading many of the geek days.
500 applications in the first two hours, up to fifteen hundred now, I won't be holding my breath.
Nice to hear the old gits get a mention.
opening date mentioned as well...

Andy Hygate (director of operations) did an interview on BBC breakfast about the role. It's genuine.

Please, please dont get your hopes up in any way thinking this is a genuine role. It is effectively a little write in competition for a bit of publicity (which admittedly seems to be doing a fairly good job).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which was very obvious from the outset...
No suggestion of terms and conditions, and the first job application I have ever undertaken that took me less than two minutes to complete the application in full.
Not a real job, no mention of it being a real job.
The feature on BBC Breakfast was genuine, the actual post isn't.

I quite like the front seat on Infusion, nothing like as bad as the rest, nice view, did it most Sunday mornings through the season for a couple of years, as it opened early and the staff team were friendly, efficient and good company on a well worn routine basis.
Much discussion of recent events on the park and who had the worst hangovers on Mad Monday...
Could I have the job please.

Just on the 'job' thing: It could be real in that if even if they pay someone minimum wage to the end of the season on a full-time 40-hour-a-week contract, that might be a worthwhile £20k or so out of the marketing budget given the publicity they've already had.

If anybody is looking for help filling in that complicated application form here's my entry

Why am I suitable for the role of tester at BPB?

I love rolly coasters and gave been on more than 270 rolly coasters. I'm a full on thoosie and would give excellent opinions on the rides

What experience do I have?

I've been a long term thoosie for at least 10 years, I've ridden rolly coasters that are really really tall like taller than the big one and all the really really small ones like smaller than blue flyer. I love all types of rolly coasters

Which ride do I want to test the most ?

I would most like to test Grand National as it us my favourite rolly coaster at Blackpool pleasure beach, I love the uppy bits and the downy bits. The racy bits and the history of the ride.

Honestly it'll be a travesty if I don't get the position with that application

Just on the 'job' thing: It could be real in that if even if they pay someone minimum wage to the end of the season on a full-time 40-hour-a-week contract, that might be a worthwhile £20k or so out of the marketing budget given the publicity they've already had.
Full time 40 hour a week contracts from the Beach.
Our you completely out of your mind matey???
No such contracts exist on the Beach.
Ten hours a week, minimum wage, with a possible option for more, working every Saturday and Sunday through the season, with additional shifts available with twenty minutes notice.
If you are lucky.

Full time 40 hour a week contracts from the Beach.
Our you completely out of your mind matey???
No such contracts exist on the Beach.
Ten hours a week, minimum wage, with a possible option for more, working every Saturday and Sunday through the season, with additional shifts available with twenty minutes notice.
If you are lucky.
Makes even more sense on less hours, but emphasis on the "even if" angle!

For the person or two that had any feint lingering hopes that this might be a “genuine” job, here’s a post that Mandy just retweeted basically confirming a creative PR stunt.

8fc7e8948b7179f9f311f69a7f8ddf5d.jpg

I mean they really do need to spend on PR campaigns. That's why Icon didn't boost attendance.
The old way of promoting yourself via local and national news outlets is rather mute when the people who'd be interested in visiting your parks are very much in the minority of people watching these programmes.
These sort of things really need to be alongside other forms of advertising.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.