• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyway, moving the discussion on from the non-existent job role but slightly further back, @rob666 there is a new (rather rubbish) sky TV show called Funny Woman which briefly features some archive footage of Blackpool, and funnily enough included the suspended carousel which was indeed spinning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would say Valhalla is now looking unlikely to be up and running on opening weekend.

Just over 3 weeks to go and not a peep out of the park about it.

And just over 6 weeks until Easter so I am not even convinced we will see it by then.

Booked in for Sunday the 19th of March.

Crevettes here I come :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody whip the tyke.
Looking forward shakey, will be nice to be in cantankerous curmudgeon corner on the blacony, will dippy be about, or is he still being sent to Coventry?

Could do it on the Sunday morning in the Velvet over breakfast (beer) with us all and make it fun.
Breakfast in the Velvet sound good to me .

Get that season pass bought Rick.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Every year, I have one or two excellent brief boozy conversations with the barmy tartan army in Crevettes.
The joy of drinking with random strangers in Blackpool, a real rare life treat, to be celebrated and enjoyed.

Reactions: Tom
I'd be interested to know... are the sort of people that buy passes and go all the time locals? I can't imagine anybody travelling a great distance to go to BPB if they don't have to!

I'd be interested to know... are the sort of people that buy passes and go all the time locals? I can't imagine anybody travelling a great distance to go to BPB if they don't have to!

I am over 2 hours drive away and have a season pass. I will visit at least 4 or 5 times a year.

Alton towers is under 90mins but I probably only visit once every couple of years at most.

I think there are a lot of locals, but also a lot of out of town people too.

If you're not dopey like me and buy or renew your pass at the right time, financially it makes complete sense to get a pass if you're visiting three times.

But folding ladders are so cheap these days...
Edit...didn't realise it is still weekends only for the first three weeks, then lots of Mon/Tues closures in May and Sept/Oct, then weekends only again through November.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.