• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think people will be talking about the ad but for this reason and not the ride!

Too much of a coincidence that they've released this the same day as The Curse at Alton Manor??? Trying to steal Towers' thunder perhaps?!
Looks like they've had a pre-season press event, which is where this was announced (and then subsequently on social media). So merely a coincidence that it is the same day that Alton Towers post the Alton Manor TV ad.

Looks like they've had a pre-season press event, which is where this was announced (and then subsequently on social media). So merely a coincidence that it is the same day that Alton Towers post the Alton Manor TV ad.
If anything it's the other way round with towers knowing pleasure Beach were having this event this afternoon for weeks.

Dark rides such as Valhalla or The Curse at Alton Manor will need tweaking once running with guests, checking the lighting and effect timings and that sort of thing. Technical rehearsals is a fancy term for soft opening, Universal Studios used the same language for The Mummy when it reopened last September, that stayed on technical previews for months.
Ahhh understood, never heard it used before so was kind of sceptical as to what they meant by it. Fully understand dark rides need tweaking, I’m hoping it will be impressive. And in fairness to Amanda Thompson she has a long history in the theatrics so even though she hasn’t had a direct involvement in the project I hope she has made sure it holds up to her standards in that respect.

TPWW are at the park right now and live streaming it testing!

The boat for those who don't want to watch it...

1678898525491.png
1678898662521.png

Valhalla is actually working?! No, this goes against the narrative of the miserable gits on here of this ride never going to open this year! In that case with the narrative being wrecked....
Flume Duck.jpg
Yes, I've likely created a meme on here now.

Valhalla is actually working?! No, this goes against the narrative of the miserable gits on here of this ride never going to open this year! In that case with the narrative being wrecked....
Flume Duck.jpg
Yes, I've likely created a meme on here now.
Don't kid yourself brother...this is the Beach...plenty of time for things to cock up further over the next month.
What is the betting it is only open weekends and school holidays until spring bank.
Good to see it back, once will be enough until the heat of summer.

How drastic do we reckon the internal changes could be?

Given the 3-year timeframe, I reckon we could be in for something quite special! I’m aware that some of the delays were caused by COVID and Brexit, but I’m led to believe that some of them were caused by issues with the technology being used, so I’m hopeful that we could be in for quite a good ride here!

On a side note, the park has confirmed that £4million has been invested into Valhalla. That’s more than I was expecting!
I reckon that quite a lot will have changed internally. Personally, I also think the effects will have been toned down a little, due to cost-cutting. £4 million is a decent investment, and I am optimistic that it will still be a great ride, although perhaps a little way off the original.

This is a big win for Pleasure Beach especially in a year where there's a lot going on with the Merlin parks. Just hope we get some decent weather soon as it will get packed.

I'm still not sure when it's opening, BPB have posted saying it'll open after the 7th April, so I don't think it will actually be open on the 7th.

This is a big win for Pleasure Beach especially in a year where there's a lot going on with the Merlin parks. Just hope we get some decent weather soon as it will get packed.

It’s a big win for Pleasure Beach if they open the ride *and* haven’t ruined it by downgrading it inside. Time will tell whether it’s been worth several years of closure when we actually get to see what it’s like on the inside. Hopefully it will be good!

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.