• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Have you considered not eating? It's very low-calorie.

I didn't think you were allowed to take food into the Pleasure Beach. Don't the camp guards confiscate anything found in bags at the fake metal scanners?

It’s no problem taking a few snacks and a sandwich in to Pleasure Beach, just don’t take the P and turn up with a bargain bucket.

It’s no problem taking a few snacks and a sandwich in to Pleasure Beach, just don’t take the P and turn up with a bargain bucket.
Not true.
Snack nibbles yes, butties no, unless you have "evidenced dietary needs"
You are checked for food on entry...sandwiches are not permitted and many people have been refused entry until "meal items" have been eaten or locked away.
They are quite strict about it.
I have had "fun" on entry more than once, nothing more entertaining than shoving a seven inch sub down your trousers, then whipping it out and eating it while running off from security beyond the ark.

Not true.
Snack nibbles yes, butties no, unless you have "evidenced dietary needs"
You are checked for food on entry...sandwiches are not permitted and many people have been refused entry until "meal items" have been eaten or locked away.
They are quite strict about it.
I have had "fun" on entry more than once, nothing more entertaining than shoving a seven inch sub down your trousers, then whipping it out and eating it while running off from security beyond the ark.
'Evidenced dietary needs' - what sort of evidence do they need? Are they wanting to know my full medical history now? Hang on in the bag search line while I dig out my NHS records from 2011... I suppose I could always eat a biscuit in front of them and they can see the result for themselves...

Seriously though, these sorts of draconian policies are starting to look quite bad publicity-wise. We're in the midst of a cost-of-living crisis, they're expecting people to pay up to £40 for a ticket and then forcing them to buy their decidedly average food on top. People will just vote with their feet.

So Valhalla is soon apparently. Or maybe not, doesn’t seem that confident does she.

f8239f00fbe8fd195feb8cb8ed53e7f4.jpg

https://twitter.com/mandsthompson/status/1633701168105811969?s=46&t=ZU30ls1ozCOoaB_QLf2GCQ

'Evidenced dietary needs' - what sort of evidence do they need? Are they wanting to know my full medical history now? Hang on in the bag search line while I dig out my NHS records from 2011... I suppose I could always eat a biscuit in front of them and they can see the result for themselves...

Seriously though, these sorts of draconian policies are starting to look quite bad publicity-wise. We're in the midst of a cost-of-living crisis, they're expecting people to pay up to £40 for a ticket and then forcing them to buy their decidedly average food on top. People will just vote with their feet.
They have had the rule for more than a decade, and people vote with their feet, then the next mugs turn up the year after.
They basically question packed meals, and refuse "group packs"...I have seen it many times...nothing more than nibbles and a water bottle.
They have a single picnic table next to the golf by the entrance for picnic bringers...and a set of lockers outside the gates I think.

Was just about to post that, saying you’ve got a bet on the new m55 exit to open first shows just how confident she is 😂I say don’t expect this until at least Easter, although it’s absolutely ridiculous now that amount of time it’s taken. The fact it’s still not ready for opening day (should be with the amount of time it’s been closed) is astounding.

I had to put my packed lunch in a paid locker outside the park a few years ago as security wouldn't let me in with it! Ridiculous and purely because they want people to buy food inside the park.

Delayed or otherwise, Pleasure Beach opening a "new" ride on opening day was always pretty unthinkable.

Not least this one, this coming Saturday it's going to be a toasty 2°C at opening time. Hopeful it will be slightly warmer the following week.

Perhaps my age but I am more excited about the new M55 junction than I am Valhalla.

I had to put my packed lunch in a paid locker outside the park a few years ago as security wouldn't let me in with it! Ridiculous and purely because they want people to buy food inside the park.

Wow, I didn’t know they actually enforced it like that, that’s terrible. I’ve always taken a packed lunch when I’ve gone and so have my kids and we’ve never been pulled up over it so I just thought they’d stopped enforcing that policy.

I once took in a whole packed lunch. Mandy would be furious if she knew.

Was considering a visit this year but upon reading I have to scan a ticket evey time I wish to ride think I'll look abroad again. Better coasters.

I once took in a whole packed lunch. Mandy would be furious if she knew.

Was considering a visit this year but upon reading I have to scan a ticket evey time I wish to ride think I'll look abroad again. Better coasters.
Yeah the turnstiles are a bit pointless now the wristbands are gone. Just imagine if you had a scan your park ticket every time you wanted to go on a ride at Towers.

Whilst annoying, I believe the ‘top tip’ for this is to take a screen shot of your BPB ticket and set it as your phone’s Lock Screen photo for the day.

That way it’s a case of pulling your phone out and scanning the barcode without having to faff unlocking and opening apps every time.

Still not ideal, but every little helps and all that.

Whilst annoying, I believe the ‘top tip’ for this is to take a screen shot of your BPB ticket and set it as your phone’s Lock Screen photo for the day.

That way it’s a case of pulling your phone out and scanning the barcode without having to faff unlocking and opening apps every time.

Still not ideal, but every little helps and all that.

I’ve been thinking that what I might do next time I go is just print out a screenshot of the ticket on my phone and then insert it in one of those lanyard ID/pass holders on a retractable cord and scan that each time. It might be overkill but I can’t be bothered with getting my phone out each time from a secure zipper pocket and then putting it back safely away again before going on the ride.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.