• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Pretty good showing from The Valhalla today. No light/mist effect on second drop, hammers or river of fire.

A couple of operational changes ... (not repeating the gossip, just posting what is seemingly fact): single riders can no longer ride in the front row. In terms of front row riders, if one person is obviously heavier than the other, they must sit on the left side of the boat.

In terms of front row riders, if one person is obviously heavier than the other, they must sit on the left side of the boat.
I've noticed that (depending on who is organising/batching the filling of the boats) they'll make the heaviest/biggest person on EVERY row sit on the left. The boat then goes round almost submerged on the left hand side.

And if it was to burn down, it could take the Nash with it and leave a nice big space for a new coaster that's actually good. A good coaster is something the park needs!
The park does have a good coaster (Icon) in my opinion. But that's the problem, it's good. Not great, amazing or world class as a park that is now supposed to be in the top 10 should have.

I've noticed that (depending on who is organising/batching the filling of the boats) they'll make the heaviest/biggest person on EVERY row sit on the left. The boat then goes round almost submerged on the left hand side.
Last tineI was on the boat it genuinely felt like it was going to sink at times

The park does have a good coaster (Icon) in my opinion. But that's the problem, it's good. Not great, amazing or world class as a park that is now supposed to be in the top 10 should have.

I always think with Icon that it could have been so improved by having a rolling launch rather than the weak launch it has. They should have designed it so that the station was higher up and it have roll out of the station like Helix does, or even with with a roll like RTH before hitting a boost and then the top hat.

I always think with Icon that it could have been so improved by having a rolling launch rather than the weak launch it has. They should have designed it so that the station was higher up and it have roll out of the station like Helix does, or even with with a roll like RTH before hitting a boost and then the top hat.
I quite like the little build up to the launch definitely the first time I rode it too was really building up the anticipation at that point.

Icon however is my favourite ride in the country, love the comfortable mack trains and overall smoothness of the ride, the junior immelmann loop is my personal highlight, the launches don't do much for me I more see it as just a way of getting the ride up to a reasonable speed than a proper launch.

I more think it's my favourite and a popular ride with UK enthiuasts as how many long coasters with decent airtime, lap bars, smooth steel coasters do we have in this country?

Not really decent airtime is it? One pop into the second launch isn't exactly much
The top hat, the one you mentioned and another one not long after the immelman

Can't get much airtime when you are pinned to the seat though. The flaw with a lot of modern coasters.

It's a very good family coaster. Just the wrong choice for the park.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Icon? Airtime? Does not compute.
I always find the airtime and the little bit of hang time pretty solid on icon, maybe it's where I'm usually quite loose with the restraints very rare I get anything near stapled on icon.

Best airtime is on the back row over the top hat, coming out of the immelmann has a decent pop too and there's that hill shortly after that usually delivers when the ride has warmed up a bit, couple other moments where you get a very light pop of it too.

Far better than any coaster at towers for airtime, not that it's really an accomplishment.

Icon has airtime. It also has a LOT of meandering corners.

It's objectively the best coaster at BPB, but that really isn't high praise. I'm not entirely convinced I prefer it to PMBO or Rev and it certainly ranks below a certain rodent on my all-time list

Big dipper is currently testing

Understandably looking very very slow

It was testing a lot on Thurs too. Am I right in thinking what they have done is just cosmetic? Such as painting the handrails red & sprucing up the station. Have they actually retracked or anything like that? I guess they need a certain number of laps / hours of running before reopening each season anyway? Isn’t it due to open quite soon?

New track by big blue (or slightly reprofiled) to my understanding. Does look like they're accumulating laps on it, it's done about 5 or 6 so far today

Rain stopped play on most things this afternoon. I have returned home early, after a serious error of judgement whereby I rode a certain water ride without a poncho again.

I was sat in the front row on my own.
They seemed to be having great difficulty spacing the boats today. As a result, my boat was too close to the one in front, and loads of things didn't trigger in the first half. The turntable held for a bizarre amount of time, not sure if it's a block system or if it simply thought we needed to sit still on it for about 30 seconds before turning

On the second lift hill, lights were on that clearly shouldn't have been. You could see right through to other bits of the ride. For the hammer section, only the rolling log worked, nothing else. You could see the mechanisms and an emergency staircase, thanks to said lights elsewhere being on.

I did get to see the fake snow for the first time today, seriously not bad at all, but the section after it was total darkness. Zero fire, it didn't make any attempt so I assume it's switched off.

The station had an absolute shed load of mist going on, it was difficult to see in front of you when the wind blew

It didn't take much arm twisting to agree to go down for the last hour today, Valhalla was apparently a walk on so I agreed ... and to be fair it was so we planned to just do Valhalla as many times as we could until park close.

This worked for 1.75 laps ... the lights came on and we were evacuated about 16:15 and that was the end of Valhalla for the day. The hammers are definitely still dead, but pretty much everything else worked on the first ride, including an inferno in the trough at the base of the camelback.

@b2311e - we must have just missed you.

It didn't take much arm twisting to agree to go down for the last hour today, Valhalla was apparently a walk on so I agreed ... and to be fair it was so we planned to just do Valhalla as many times as we could until park close.

This worked for 1.75 laps ... the lights came on and we were evacuated about 16:15 and that was the end of Valhalla for the day. The hammers are definitely still dead, but pretty much everything else worked on the first ride, including an inferno in the trough at the base of the camelback.

@b2311e - we must have just missed you.
Ah, I knew it was due to throw a tantrum :rolleyes:

You'd be most likely to find me at the Big One, but I'll let you guess what ride came before this photo

IMG_20230625_133858310.png

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.