• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Must have missed it. It was originally planted 50/50 lavender and rosemary. The rosemary did (and continues to do) pretty well. I thought all the lavender had died, but happy to hear some lives on. I’ll keep an eye out next time.

Two people I have spoken to recently knew nothing about Icon. Both have been to BPB regularly in the past, and more worryingly, both live within half an hour of the park

In other news while I remember, my local Sainsburys has an ad for Amore Amor Amour on the petrol pumps

Most of my punters only know of Icon because their idiot gardener is a thoosie.
Playing "Spot the Icon" from outside the park boundary is a fun game...and you can only just see it from Crevettes, in the centre of the park facing in the right direction.

This is currently for sale on eBay, from 1997, prices adjusted for inflation ...

A Rides - £3.93
B Rides - £2.99
C Rides - £1.87
PMBO - £7.87
Go Karts - £5.80

s-l1600.jpg
Wow, the individual ride prices have increased a lot in relative terms since then; last time I went to Pleasure Beach in 2019, the Big One and Icon were £15 each, and with inflation being the way it is, I can only imagine that’s even higher by now!

That is simply to push you towards a wristband Matt.
Make single tickets ridiculously expensive, to make a wristband appear the "economic" alternative.
A bit like three donuts for a fiver, or ten for a tenner.
At those inflation adjusted prices, I would say sack the big queues, sack the wristbands, bring back tickets!
Make the day fun for everyone, watch the efficiency of cold hard cash smash the queues to pieces, like they used to be.
Don't forget the book of tickets gave you a considerable discount of around 30%, off those single ticket prices...White Knuckle (a&b), or Family a,b,and c.
Where have all those c rides gone!
Did the go karts ever make it to the wristband?

Last edited:
If you don’t mind me asking, what has changed about Icon visually? I admittedly haven’t visited Blackpool since 2019, but is it not the same as it’s ever been in that regard?
Biggest thing is the mist tunnel, that used to look incredible and now looks awful. It's also missing part of the tunnel due to Enso.

Second thing is originally the train lights were on all the time.

This is currently for sale on eBay, from 1997, prices adjusted for inflation ...

A Rides - £3.93
B Rides - £2.99
C Rides - £1.87
PMBO - £7.87
Go Karts - £5.80

s-l1600.jpg

Oooh , is it time for a PPR debate

£2 for kids rides and £4 for a thrill ride sounds like great value to me.
Even £8 for Big One and Icon isn't bad.

The park would be packing them in over the summer. Piers would be empty !!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Where else was it beforehand?
Can only remember it there.
Bubble pit and a few punchbags, not quite in the same league as the old Funhouse.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.