• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's the Tory spring conference in Blackpool this weekend. Some Tory bigwigs were going to the park today, not sure if related but security generally will be quite tight.

Well that's my respect for PB completely gone. After the disgrace of that horrendous group over last two years and they're walking them around like VIPs. 😑

The park has always been right wing, always will be.
GT had the Tories crawling all over the Big One when it opened.
Steve Bell's cartoon in the Guardian at the time won awards...showing the cabinet on the PMBO lift hill...
"A massive lurch to the right, then downhill all the way."
The Beach, in my lifetime, has always been a right wing organisation, active in supporting the Conservative party.

Do BPB also donate to them like Flamingoland's owners do?

Though AI getting into bed with Farage like they did is by far the worst political association in the UK.

I know I posted on here not long ago about never mentioning Politics or Religion but got to throw my 2 peneth in - sorry...

Well that's my respect for PB completely gone. After the disgrace of that horrendous group over last two years and they're walking them around like VIPs. 😑

I get you are quite left leaning Jamie, no issue with that.

But you do know that people are allowed to have different political views ?

We aren't talking about a fringe far right/left group here, this is the democratically elected government that won by a political land slide. And as @rob666 has said, the Thompsons have always leaned more to the tories over the years.

I could undertand your frustration / anger if the park were giving VIP access to Nigel Farage or some other fringe political party.

You may disagree with Tory policy (fair enough), but I can think of plenty of other things to lose all respect for PB about (cough - WildMouse), other than them inviting a few government MPs to the park for a couple of hours.

Pretty ironic (and / or corrupt) that the owners are so right wing when PB is seemingly constantly reliant on the council to bail them out

"so right wing" - really? Who are they supporting now ?

The tories would be classed as very left wing in the big democracy over the pond, far more left than Biden. It's all relative.

Disclaimer - I am, and always have been politically neutral - mainly because they are all a right load of numpties and I couldn't justify voting for any of them.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.