• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I get you are quite left leaning Jamie, no issue with that.

But you do know that people are allowed to have different political views ?

We aren't talking about a fringe far right/left group here, this is the democratically elected government that won by a political land slide. And as @rob666 has said, the Thompsons have always leaned more to the tories over the years.

I could undertand your frustration / anger if the park were giving VIP access to Nigel Farage or some other fringe political party.

You may disagree with Tory policy (fair enough), but I can think of plenty of other things to lose all respect for PB about (cough - WildMouse), other than them inviting a few government MPs to the park for a couple of hours.

It's more that I feel that parks going down the political route wrecks the magic and escapism that these places are meant to provide.

A lot of people have been hurt by Boris Johnson and the Tories over the course of the pandemic. Many of these same people will step through BPB's gates to try and escape from the real world for a day.

People need places like Pleasure Beach to escape from reality now more than ever, and this political stunt feels ignorant of the pain, suffering and hardship that people have gone through over the pandemic at the hands of Boris Johnson. It doesn't align with the park's values of "happiness" and "making adults feel like children again."

Do we have any idea or rumour of when Valhalla will re-open?

I'm assuming it's going to be after Easter now??? We're meant to be going to PB on Sunday 24th April but I can't see it being open by then tbh sadly. Shame.

Do we have any idea or rumour of when Valhalla will re-open?

I'm assuming it's going to be after Easter now??? We're meant to be going to PB on Sunday 24th April but I can't see it being open by then tbh sadly. Shame.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if they did

Nah I think it will be fine for this summer tbh.

With the dire state of their finances though I do worry what they have done with it. I'm going in with very low expectations in all truth. It's been re-imagined to bring the running costs down so I can't see it being the great dark ride it was. Hopefully it's still pretty good though.

Last tale was Spring Bank, which is now Queenies June Holiday instead.
Maybe they will get the Queen to have the first ride on the new valhalla?

She's got plenty of wellies so that's a good start.

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

It's more that I feel that parks going down the political route wrecks the magic and escapism that these places are meant to provide.

A lot of people have been hurt by Boris Johnson and the Tories over the course of the pandemic. Many of these same people will step through BPB's gates to try and escape from the real world for a day.

People need places like Pleasure Beach to escape from reality now more than ever, and this political stunt feels ignorant of the pain, suffering and hardship that people have gone through over the pandemic at the hands of Boris Johnson. It doesn't align with the park's values of "happiness" and "making adults feel like children again."

With regards to the visit from the Tories the other day I just see it as the Conservative party happened to be having a conference held in Blackpool and the park just saw it as an opportunity to promote themselves as a local business and employer and get a bit of regional media attention as well (there was a headline in the Blackpool Gazette that stated “Tory chairman rides Blackpool’s Icon and hails the conference centre”. I guess a certain degree of schmoozing and self promotion goes on at other places behind the scenes, maybe we just don’t see it so publicly like this at a place that can mean a lot to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One for you @Coaster

5e9e0f645f3d639b131b0397327f25c3.jpg

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can you "upset" someone with a photo of the Prime Minister of this country running on a beach?

Bring back the dusty mirrors. That was some real heart wrenching stuff.
Yes.

We'll have dusty glass fences to review on the Nash soon!!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.