• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think I walked by this place once, didn't recall the name, looked to have a Valhalla boat in the front. Looks like a great recommendation, thank you gents.

A friend of mine went on Enso yesterday and their reports were pretty similar to all that I’m hearing. You barely spin and it doesn’t justify the £15 charge.

The thing is, Mack spinning coasters don’t spin that much, certainly not as much as one’s from the traditional spinning coaster manufacturers. I’m fine with this. I’ve been on loads of Mack spinning coasters and I enjoy them all, because they’re great rides with decent layouts, not because of how much they spin.

The fact that you can often be facing in different directions is an added element, but the big attraction, unlike on Maurers for example, isn’t the spinning, it’s the decent coaster track layout.

This is normally fine, but when you’re charging people £15 JUST for the novelty of spinning, it’s not enough.

It is good when riding on your own, you get some good spins, or I did anyway. I've had rides on Spinball Whizzer and Dragon's Fury when I didn't spin as much as I did on ENSO, and those are designed to spin.
I think pleasure beach really did shoot themselves in the foot with the price though, because while people should be coming off thinking what a great experience they just had, regardless of how good it is people are just gonna come off disappointed as it wasn't worth they £15 the spent on it, which is a real shame.

Anyway, here is some off-ride footage I got of it while I was there.

Last edited:
I think it has done most of the second half valleys over the years!
The wind shear was very strange this afternoon, 10mph winds constantly, then brief hard gusts for just a few seconds of what must have been 40mph.
Messed up my lawn feeds!
Edit...it valleyed out many times before the advent of social media...it simply wasn't news back then.
If a tree falls in the forest, but nobody discusses it on twitter...has it really fallen?

A friend of mine went on Enso yesterday and their reports were pretty similar to all that I’m hearing. You barely spin and it doesn’t justify the £15 charge.

The thing is, Mack spinning coasters don’t spin that much, certainly not as much as one’s from the traditional spinning coaster manufacturers. I’m fine with this. I’ve been on loads of Mack spinning coasters and I enjoy them all, because they’re great rides with decent layouts, not because of how much they spin.

The fact that you can often be facing in different directions is an added element, but the big attraction, unlike on Maurers for example, isn’t the spinning, it’s the decent coaster track layout.

This is normally fine, but when you’re charging people £15 JUST for the novelty of spinning, it’s not enough.
I know it's becoming increasingly unfashionable to ride things before having an opinion about them, so I will stick my oar in here ... having ridden it yesterday, I thought it was great. A huge improvement on the standard seating. Totally subjective, for sure - but I've parted with my cash.

It doesn't spin wildly, but it was never going to. I got a couple of good spins as a single rider - spinning through the twist was awesome, but the best parts were where the car wasn't spinning and you were launching backwards at 50+ into an Immelmann - you don't get that on Storm Chaser.

I haven't ridden all the Mack spinners but for my money they're fairly pedestrian bar Euro Mir and perhaps Cobra's Curse.

Get on it first and then come back and tell us it sucked.

Assuming a dispatch of 2 people every 4 minutes, that gives 120 people or £1800. Of course a good coaster could get through 120 people in just over 5 minutes.
(Note I have edited this post a few times as I accidentally pressed post early while trying to check whether it was 2 or 4 seater and on one train or all trains)

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.