• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2023 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
@venny I'm all for flat rides but I think the size of the Trauma Towers site is overstated.

I’m not sure. I think there’s a reasonable chance you could fit a giant frisbee on there. It might need raising slightly so it has clearance over National’s station and Heidi Strasse, but most of them are raised up anyway. Google maps suggests there’s at least 100ft to play with, whereas the distance between Loke’s widest feet is around 80ft and the disc and loading area is even less.

The more you look at it, the more ideal it looks. Just imagine the views across the beach and Prom, whizzing past Big One’s turnaround and National’s tower, across the roofs of Heidi Strasse.

I’ll say it again. No brainer.

Interesting development. Ocean Boulevard has been a bit a white elephant for a long time now. Curious to understand how nice they can keep it looking ... It seems to degrade very quickly.

Just noticed that there are two weekday closures in July. Wonder if they are buyouts or actual closures.

Stayed at Big Blue few years ago, & have seen positive reviews for the Boulevard. Can’t knock their accommodation offering, one thing they seem to get right.

BPB have submitted a planning application for External alterations and use as altered as 18 self-contained serviced holiday apartments with associated linen store for the buildings along Ocean Boulevard
I think we can now discount any possibility of using the car park behind bowladrome as ride space.

That will almost certainly be used as parking for the holiday apartments, at an extortionate fee no doubt.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

There’s no parking planned as part of the proposal, so Bowl-a-drome remains free for development.
Would they need to submit planning for parking though as it is already a car park ?

Can't see them having self catering apartments with no parking.

But yes, the bowladrome itself could still be a potential development site.

I’m surprised OB isn’t part of their zone where planning permission isn't required up to the height of the tower. Does anyone know where that privilege ends?

Would they need to submit planning for parking though as it is already a car park ?

Can't see them having self catering apartments with no parking.

But yes, the bowladrome itself could still be a potential development site.

Obviously there’s nothing to stop people using that car park when they’re staying in the units provided it remains open, but there is explicitly no parking spaces provided with the application. That means they’re in no way restricted in getting rid of that car park if they wish to develop it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.