• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

I would have gone for something tongue in cheek like ' Size doesn't matter.... but length does... Come and ride the UKs longest coaster at Pleasurebeech Blackpool.

It's just funny, even the pleasure Beach admit what they're doing is petty on the side of the truck.

Hopefully the bit on the back is actually implying they have something planned and not just hot air.
Theoretically the park could do well to look at Zamperla and their Lightning coaster. A TT2 near clone would probably be the best way of taking the record back, especially considering the issues that the park can have with high winds and how a launch over a top hat can help eliminate that problem.

But of course Pleasure Beach thinking about something and then actually doing something might be two different things.

I like a bit of tongue in cheek fight talk between parks, especially as the record has just passed hands, but seems like a waste of money to hire marketing screens that far down south. I’d of kept it to social media.

It's cheesy af and I love it. Any hint of "ooooh look at us, we're teasing something" gets me every time, and will no doubt leave me disappointed, but I'm in.

Just imagine if it actually was the start of some carefully orchestrated marketing campaign for a coaster that retakes the height record from Hyperia… that would be so cool, and a very clever move from Blackpool!

I highly doubt that it is, as I don’t see that Blackpool has the money or space to build a Hyperia beater any time soon, but we can dream!

I really can’t imagine BPB would do something like this for the sake of being petty and creating banter. Surely something is in the pipeline, however far off it may be. We need something to look forward to, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

From the sign saying we'll have to come up with something else then would imply to me they wouldn't be trying to re-take the height record.

UKs fastest coaster would be a viable record they could aim for.

From the sign saying we'll have to come up with something else then would imply to me they wouldn't be trying to re-take the height record.

Looking at the RCDB records it shows that Hyperia and Stealth are jointly the 5th fastest rides in Europe (with only Red Force, Hyperion, Furious Baco, and Shambhala faster than them). I’m not sure that it would actually be that easy for them to take the UK’s fastest title without building something massive.

There’s a distinct difference between something taller or something bigger and something else.

“Something else” could be literally anything.

However, surely for the fastest coaster you would have to have the height or length. You wouldn’t want to launch people at 90mph straight into some really tight elements. I think if they are realistically looking for a record it will have to be height. The only things i could think would get the height in the space BPB have would be either:

Gerstlauer hyper (Karnan)
Vertical launch intamin (Are they capable of 200+ft?
Vertical Launch Mack Stryker (Again, can they reach 200ft?

They could arguably get a new concept (to the uk) such as single rail etc but is that really worth the banter coming from BPB?

I read somewhere that someone said they loved the fact that PB were acknowledging they were petty in the advert.

The thing is I am not sure they would be. Mandy comes across as so unbelievably out of touch and deluded at times, that I genuinely think she thinks the record is her right and Thorpe Park are the petty ones.