• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Reading the last few pages of this thread, I can't really understand how BPB is supposed to recover from the last decade or so. So many rides (and memories) gone since 2004, I'd say it's a park that relies very heavily on nostaliga and yet that is getting smaller and smaller every season hastened by the removal of well-loved rides and attractions.

How can it ever actually recover without a huge investment including, but not limited to, several new market leading rides and a COMPLETE reimagining?
I'm sure the Thompsons don't have the money (nor, it seems, the desire) to do it, and it's not like they are ever going to sell the place, and even if they were forced to, who in their right mind would want to take on all that?

Things like this recent name change/rebrand make little to no sense (to me) when the whole rest of the park seems like it's being kept ticking over at the bare minimum, maintenance, upkeep etc are taking a back seat.

But what's the solution?

The attraction slump started with the nineties, the Big One coming in meant a lot of small stuff going out.
Arcades, stalls, games, bazookas...old maze with cafe on stilts, the ark, all those old shows, funhouse, don't make me weep about the reel, two big wheels...clown powered even, cableway, swinging gyms, wonderful world ride...dodgems, whip, dizzy daisy...go karts...and shakey will tell you the ones I missed...
Some had to be cleared for the work...other stuff slowly slipped for the wristband arrival.
And the Waterchute and worlds slowest speedboats as well!

Last edited:
And why is any of this in the Beach topic...Thorpe and Drayton...get out of here.
Grand Prix closure...has it happened yet?

And why is any of this in the Beach topic...Thorpe and Drayton...get out of here.
Grand Prix closure...has it happened yet?

I think the point is if Blackpool had a competent marketing team they could have made some hay on a national scale about currently having the tallest “operating” coaster in the UK.

Instead they sent a digital sign to the entrance of Thorpe with an embarrassing message that didn’t really go viral beyond geeks.

Is there any actual evidence it was "officially" done by them, though?
Everyone seems to be just taking it as fact that it was paid for by the Pleasure Beach, but I just can't quite believe it was really them?

Everyone seems to be just taking it as fact that it was paid for by the Pleasure Beach, but I just can't quite believe it was really them?
I totally could see this being done by some rabid BPBPBBPPB fanboi who also enjoys the antics of Dave Gorman.

It stinks of an official job.

The messaging admitting to being petty is self-preservation 101. And the absolute antithesis to good marketing. If you’re going to wallow in others’ misfortune, wallow properly - fart those bubbles to the surface and smugly rub your belly.

OK...a true tale, the RBH//HyperiaVRdubclash, second version excursion.
Zero 7 remix.
Staples and stitches out today, lots, in the treatment room for more than half an hour...
My very positive previous experiences shared with the staple ripper lady...a sister no less, ace, no messing, no queue, standards as high as ever.
The conversation starts...

"All the day surgery anaesthetist's team are a right bunch of thoosies...we wanted Hyperia, not neck slashing..."

"Well", said our lady with the pliers and big magnet...

"We used to go to the Beach once or twice every year, for birthday treats and family meet ups, and didn't mind paying a few quid for entry and the train ride...but we just don't go anymore, they keep shutting stuff, and what with the pay in full or clear off attitude, we chose the latter...
I'm not paying thirty odd quid to hold the coats...

What are you grinning at???
This is meant to hurt..."

So there mandy, bloody listen to the lovely nhs workers, sort your bloody gates out, let us locals back into our playground.

Thank you.
This evenings medicated rant over.
Why is this onion on my belt?

Last edited:
Valhalla is advertised to be closed on Tuesday 4th June. Wonder if something is being added as it was mentioned in season launch further improvements were planned. Also Amanda is going to be speaking at the Grand Prix event about the ride and the reason for its removal so maybe she will give some info or at least a tease of what they are planning.

Attachments

• IMG_8628.jpeg
    IMG_8628.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 25
In more positive Pleasurebeach rumours, there is chatter on X/ Twitter the park may been looking at an Intamin Hot Racer model. I think one of these would be great for the park and would work well with the space they have. It would also be quite unique for the UK

Dream on.
Any realistic sources on this, or are we looking at the usual thoosie vapours?
Well it's a rumour and as with all rumours take it with a massive grain of salt. I will say it's a far more realistic opinion that getting into a height competition with Thorpe park. The Hotracer model is relatively affordable compared to other models so I certainly see it as a realistic opinion given the space and funding PB has.