• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

For a late-night riding day, wasn't as busy as they usually are this time. A few minor things to report, as always:

Big One opened a couple of hours late, Icon queue as a result was all the way to Skyforce's entrance before 10am. Big One used the extended queueline to start, but it wasn't actually needed and the gate was moved mid afternoon. Queue hovered around the middle of the ramp or less. Two (full) trains

Icon's third train came out to play, but it started to cause mischief and was returned to the maintenance bays a few hours later. They did switch on the train lights towards the end of the evening, but the effect was a bit lost as sunset was after close...

Infusion has lost more water, it's bone dry at the Watson Rd end. Wonder if they're trying to completely drain it?

A Carte D'or kiosk has appeared where monorail's station was, with a small quantity of seating. Think that's new this week

PB Express looking more neglected than ever. Low-hanging trees and branches in a few places, the jungle section is wildly overgrown. The mist in the tunnel wasn't on today, but one of the pipes was spurting water out where it shouldn't be

Overgrowth everywhere there is green stuff at the moment mate.
May and june are green explosion months, then it all slows down.
Sorry, I'm on a couple of weeks off.
It will only get worse.

The Van is harmless fun and tongue in cheek.

As for costs, it will be an awful lot cheeper than most forms of advertising (certainly cheaper than Thorpe's fly-over) and has recieved national and international exposure.

There are no friends in business and BPB should now be lapping up Hyperia's misfortune. Why not offer cheap hotel stay or discounted tickets for anyone who had tickets to Thorpe Park this bank holiday?

BPB - home of the UK's tallest working rollercoaster

The Van is harmless fun and tongue in cheek.

As for costs, it will be an awful lot cheeper than most forms of advertising (certainly cheaper than Thorpe's fly-over) and has recieved national and international exposure.

There are no friends in business and BPB should now be lapping up Hyperia's misfortune. Why not offer cheap hotel stay or discounted tickets for anyone who had tickets to Thorpe Park this bank holiday?

BPB - home of the UK's tallest working rollercoaster

Yep, it reminds me of when their is an air travel control strike or an airline goes bust and the likes of LNER trains come out to offer a free ticket to anyone impacted.

BPB giving a free ticket to anyone with a Thorpe Park booking this week to come and ride the UK’s tallest coaster would be a marketing coup. The reality is not many folks would likely take them up on the offer, but that’s not why you do it. It’s for the free advertising.

Yep, it reminds me of when their is an air travel control strike or an airline goes bust and the likes of LNER trains come out to offer a free ticket to anyone impacted.

BPB giving a free ticket to anyone with a Thorpe Park booking this week to come and ride the UK’s tallest coaster would be a marketing coup. The reality is not many folks would likely take them up on the offer, but that’s not why you do it. It’s for the free advertising.

I can see the sense in that idea in terms of boosting visitor numbers for a short period but as a marketing coup how is it beneficial for them to be drawing attention to the fact that there’s a bigger and newer coaster than The Big One based in a theme park near London?

Yes I know that the ride isn’t open currently but it will be soon so im not sure of thr marketing benefit in drawing attention to that?

Because it is cheap and gets young thoosies talking on social media, at half term, on a bank holiday weekend.
Any publicity is good publicity at such times, especially with media links to the ride opening/closing at thorpe.
Millions of hits for peanuts.
And should all the naughty colours kon the back of that publicity van actually be showing when the van is in motion?
Get the tickets out.
Health and safety police.

I am not so sure they could, not sure on the modern rules, but in the past at least you can't refer to other competitors products for advertising from the ASA

also it could be poking the hornets nest, currently there is what 3 broken rides at least at BPB and how many have been removed or SBNO with no replacment.

‘See that theme park near London with the brand new, really good ride that blows anything we have out the water? Well it’s going to be briefly shut for a few days due to a tech issue so whilst it is, why don’t you come here?’

Someone get me onto the Apprentice.

Hyperia is getting all the attention, for good and bad reasons.
BPB is sucking hard around the edges of the hyperiahype...on the fresh, strong thoosie vapours, as it is in the real media.
Publicity by association with another related event.
Dirty and cheap.
So very Blackpool.
I miss the place.

I can’t believe for a park that hasn’t added anything for 6 years gets a new topic every year. I bet if it was just positive posts only it would be only on its 2nd page.

A certain member of the catering staff, often known as Catweasle, often spotted pretending to be doing the books when actually colouring in a marvel superheroes adult colouring book..is precisely as old as the Big One.
Happy Birthday mate...
Your sister is still prettier than you.

...probably.
Time someone got an actual long bit of string out to measure the thing from top of drop to bottom of the thing.
In days gone by, the access under the monorail station by the first drop was open for a good few years...simple unlocked bolt and gate.
You could sit there by the bottom of the drop, with the trains about six feet away, behind the emergengcy stairs for vallying platform.
New and original ways to terrify small relations at halloween...clever place for a quiet picnic...then.
Whoosh.