• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Still no updates on River Caves & Ice Blast? Typical BPB, we saw an odd sight the other week which was 2 members of staff in the River Caves trough sweeping water away where you get on the boat, whilst another stood and watched. What the hell would that actually achieve, given that it’s normally full of water there anyway? When we passed by later the tiny amount of water they were trying to brush away was still there anyway. Very odd.

Ice Blast has the carriage missing, console ripped out & some of the gates removed with a grinder. I’d be surprised if we see it open again this season.

Disappointing with Grand Prix about to go as well. £25 is about right. Certainly the £50 gate price is too much for what’s currently on offer. And they have the cheek to put up those big ‘More to experience’ billboards, when the ride lineup is worse than it was 20 years ago

we saw an odd sight the other week which was 2 members of staff in the River Caves trough sweeping water away where you get on the boat, whilst another stood and watched. What the hell would that actually achieve,

Ice Blast has the carriage missing, console ripped out & some of the gates removed with a grinder. I’d be surprised if we see it open again this season.

Disappointing with Grand Prix about to go as well. £25 is about right. Certainly the £50 gate price is too much for what’s currently on offer. And they have the cheek to put up those big ‘More to experience’ billboards, when the ride lineup is worse than it was 20 years ago

Looking for leaks in the trench dippy..or sunken ground following previous leaks.
Because the whole park is built on a sand base, a slow leak can erode under the trough rapidly.

So do we think that Mandy will make a big announcement at the Grand Prix event ?

It would be a good time to make an announcement or at least drop a few hints (if they have something in the pipeline)
Yes, she will make an announcement...
"Hot Ice 2024 starts in just a few weeks..."
New ride announcements shakey...you been watching youtube vlogs again.
Optimistic for a tyke, not a bloody chance.
You will be getting nowt, you season pass holders can be so demanding.
The only thing in the pipeline is the dead rat blocking the ice arena bogs...again.

Seeing as River caves is still closed a sensible management may have used the time to clean paint and do general maintenance on the exterior of the ride which looks awful and neglected but hey this is PB.
They have used this years painting and tidying budget on the Grand Prix , so it can open for an hour before it is left to rot until they can be bothered to demolish it.

Yes, she will make an announcement...
"Hot Ice 2024 starts in just a few weeks..."
New ride announcements shakey...you been watching youtube vlogs again.
Optimistic for a tyke, not a bloody chance.
You will be getting nowt, you season pass holders can be so demanding.
The only thing in the pipeline is the dead rat blocking the ice arena bogs...again.
If they announce anything, it definitely won't be a height record. They don't have the cojones to do that...reverse psychology ;)

Seeing as River caves is still closed a sensible management may have used the time to clean paint and do general maintenance on the exterior of the ride which looks awful and neglected but hey this is PB.

The dinosaurs, other random characters & theming that used to be outside, whilst I guess looked dated, at least gave it some character, without them it just looks bland, dull and plain. The whole place is becoming like this and it’s rather sad

Used my Pleasure Beach season pass to get into Europa Park today. Nice and easy, just head to the guest services to the right side of the main entrance and they look at your card (slightly confused as it doesn't say Blackpool) and then they give you a ticket to get in.

So far this season I've used my Pleasure Beach Pass to get into Europa Park as many times as I've used it to visit BPB. Be using it to get into Emerald Park soon as well.

Used my Pleasure Beach season pass to get into Europa Park today. Nice and easy, just head to the guest services to the right side of the main entrance and they look at your card (slightly confused as it doesn't say Blackpool) and then they give you a ticket to get in.

So far this season I've used my Pleasure Beach Pass to get into Europa Park as many times as I've used it to visit BPB. Be using it to get into Emerald Park soon as well.
Did they scan the pass? I think it's meant to be valid for one day only, do they have any way of checking if it's been used?

(Not trying to cheat the system, just curious how it works)

Did they scan the pass? I think it's meant to be valid for one day only, do they have any way of checking if it's been used?

(Not trying to cheat the system, just curious how it works)
They took the passes and made a note of the details, Efteling did similar when I used it there in 2019.

With Emerald Park had to email them in advance and give them the pass numbers. (visiting in a few weeks time)
Which did you prefer? 🫠
I'd have to say Europa Park, though pleasure Beach still have the better Mack Bobsleigh Coaster.

So do we think that Mandy will make a big announcement at the Grand Prix event ?

It would be a good time to make an announcement or at least drop a few hints (if they have something in the pipeline)
A 237ft Drop Tower to claim "The UK's Tallest Ride" by 1 foot for 2025 situated next to the existing Grand Prix station, thus concluding that the Playstation, or as you know it, Ice Blast, will not return.

A 237ft Drop Tower to claim "The UK's Tallest Ride" by 1 foot for 2025 situated next to the existing Grand Prix station, thus concluding that the Playstation, or as you know it, Ice Blast, will not return.
That's not a bad shout to be fair.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So is anyone actually going on the Grand Prix farewell event tomorrow?

Whilst in a way it’s good that they’ve at least done something to see it off, I still think it's comical and a farce that they expect people to pay £50 if they want to ride it before it shuts for good. It should have been allowed to run as normal for a chunk of the season, even if just for a couple of months, with ample warning that it will close on a certain date. They could've done that and still had a (more reasonably priced) closing event, whilst allowing others to ride it as normal leading up to that date. It seems utterly bizarre to open it for one single day (not even a full day), especially as they'll (presumably) have been sending empty cars round for a few days to test it and make sure they don't have egg on their faces in the case of it having 'technical difficulties' from not running for months.

3 hours really is not much anyway, depending how many bought tickets, each person could be waiting quite some time to go on it. I think Icon is open too, so I guess people will go back and forth, but even if you got 2 rides, it's still £25 a go. Absolutely ridiculous. I bet it will just be a handful of Vloggers there.

Whilst it's been crap since the petrol cars went, and not worth waiting for when the park is busy (it rarely is though these days), I'm still sad to see it go, the park won't look right without the track spiral, and it will be really odd not seeing it across from Crevettes. I could accept the closure somewhat if there was a big coaster to replace it, but nothing has been announced. It will be absurd if yet another ride closes and isn't replaced. What do you think will go there in its place? A ride, plant pots, a fountain (there's already one there!), another shop, another bar / restaurant, or a big fat **** all? I strongly suspect the latter.

It begs the question, how long can they get away with removing rides and not replacing them? That stretch of the overpass once had Monorail, Grand Prix (well, the stations at least), and the dome arcade / Astro Swirl AKA The Millenium Bug, now all that's left in terms of rides is Wallace & Gromit's Thrill-O-Matic. One single ride. That's my 'old man yells at cloud' moment for the day.

Edit: I do wonder how many tickets they sold. I just went to pretend to buy one, you can buy up to 10 at once. £500! I have now emptied my basket. I won't be going, I'd rather spend £50 filling up an actual real car.

Last edited:
For twenty pounds, yes, fifty, not a chance.

Well, pretty sure my last ride was thus...
Dragged into Crevettes on a very quiet day because a charming young lady was waving an empty pint glass at me from behind the bar...
Sat on the balcony, old git all alone...
Grand Prix staff member turns the sign, removes the rope, and waves at me from afar...
Walk on, at the personal invite of the staff on opening.
As it should be.
The ride became instantly crap after they turned electric, and they could not manage a full day of opening since electrification.
It either opened late, closed early, or had a long recharging break in the middle of the day.

I would be amazed if they do anything with the space, but it will be interesting to see if the track goes quickly.
My money is on it all staying exactly where it is for a few years.
Ever the optimist, eh.

They could clear the lot and give mandy her pony rides back.