• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Main reason for me was that the atmosphere felt strange, I can't quite put my finger on what it was
This is common on normal days now unfortunately

Disappointed but not surprised there wasn't anything new announced. I'll be shocked if anything gets dismantled before the end of the season

Credit where due I suppose, I'm surprised it remained functional for the evening, but for £50 I'd certainly hope it would. Cannot believe it was so expensive, having watched a few videos. It feels a bit desperate, and I can't help but think a Big One 30th birthday event could have made more money

It could indeed, much more, but you know, mandy.
And exclusive ride time???
Just imagine how much more pleasant it could have been for all, with a single book of raffle tickets, and a little forethought...
"Numbers sixty to seventy, to the queueline please", and the rest could be on Icon, eating the fantastic spread, drooling over the flag girls, dancing alone to the band, looking at the two luke warm sooopercars, and drinking their half glass of prosecco.
Instead of being stuck in an "ert" queue for over an hour, paying fifty quid to line up like a proper mug in the pouring rain.
Usual pissups and breweries though.
And Crevettes was shut, so the hottest ladies weren't even there...
nuff said.

On our way to Blackpool for first time in probably 25 years. Taking the thrill seeking 7 year old for her first visit. Just got back from Efteling and prepared for a very different experience 😂 Any top tips of things not to miss, best place to get some lunch etc? Much appreciated thank you!

On our way to Blackpool for first time in probably 25 years. Taking the thrill seeking 7 year old for her first visit. Just got back from Efteling and prepared for a very different experience 😂 Any top tips of things not to miss, best place to get some lunch etc? Much appreciated thank you!
How has your day been? I would love to go back and take my 7 year old after not visiting for 9 years (where does time go?!) but the price puts me off and the fact you have to pay for under 3s (we are SE England so not close either).

We also just got back from Efteling and Phantasialand so I don’t want to pay for a big disappointment. Maybe nostalgia is better!

How has your day been? I would love to go back and take my 7 year old after not visiting for 9 years (where does time go?!) but the price puts me off and the fact you have to pay for under 3s (we are SE England so not close either).

We also just got back from Efteling and Phantasialand so I don’t want to pay for a big disappointment. Maybe nostalgia is better!
We chose a horrible grey and cold day to go which I'm sure makes everything look worse and more sad but the park definitely looked neglected in some areas. We had fun, minimal queues on most things we rode. Didn't seem like the Big One was running (that lift hill is too much for me so we wouldn't have done it anyway!). We didn't brave Valhalla due to being absolutely freezing cold while dry, not fancying getting absolutely soaked. The scan in at each ride was absolutely crackers. I knew about it from reading here but my husband was completely baffled by it. My daughter loved Big Dipper and Derby Racer. She also enjoyed the little coasters in Nick Land, and Wallace and Gromit. I was gutted River Caves was closed as that's something I remember so vividly from childhood visits. I hope they aren't just going to get rid of it.
We bought tickets using Clubcard vouchers, so didn't feel as painful as paying full price!
Velvet Coaster was great for fast and reasonably priced food, as advised by some lovely people on here.
Overall, good day but don't think we'll head back for a little while.

The scan in at each ride was absolutely crackers.
I went for the first time a few months ago, and this was probably one of the worse thing there, as there isn't a reason to have it unless they have non rider passes, and the turnstiles can probably relitivley easily be turned off (either queue worked arround them or take off the arms allowing for people to walk through or just constantly trigger the overide the staff use when the tickets don't scan) not only dose it become very anoying, as each ride you have to mess with your phone and try to get it to scan for like 3 mins, but also almost all the rides had an extra staff member just for handling the people stuck on the turnstile (to allow them through) this no doubt has a pretty sizable impact on running costs for no extra profit, and the only outcome is just annoying a lot of the guests.

Does anyone know what the issue is with the River Caves? I heard it was something serious, possibly not ride system related?

Does anyone know what the issue is with the River Caves? I heard it was something serious, possibly not ride system related?

Heard from different sources:

1: The roof is leaking

2: The trough is leaking: they filled it with water, it disappeared, they still can’t figure out where the leak is

3: They are waiting for a part

I really hope they can fix it. I miss it and it seems many others do too.

2: The trough is leaking: they filled it with water, it disappeared, they still can’t figure out where the leak is

You forgot option 4

4. They can't be arsed

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Number 2 if true is a major problem. If the foundations are compromised it's going to be a hard fix. PB won't be able to replace River caves given it's awkward location and I'm not convinced they has the resources to repair it. Hope it doesn't get stuck in SBNO hell

You slap another cake of fibreglass and isofix over the hole and carry on...after filling the hole with weak cement slurry.
I think it is more cba than anything.

Do we think it could potentially become prime real estate for a new attraction or new entrance to Hot Ice from the other side of the park?

Quite the block of land, once you add River Caves to the Grand Prix, Mouse and Millennium Dome, not to mention the former Trauma Towers and other open real estate around that plaza.