• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

Hold your horses, remember that the River Caves track passes under Wallace & Gromit’s Thrill-O-Matic. They’d have to remove both rides to do anything else there, surely. There would be absolute outcry if they were to raze that whole block, and we lose RC, W&G, and Ghost Train on top of Wild Mouse. It’s one of the best areas of the park, well at least it was when Wild Mouse was there.

Also as regards the overpass, I’m sure @rob666 will chime in on this, but I’m pretty sure they are limited on what weight can go on that area due to what it’s made of.

The dome is used by the park to store crap, they seem to like to hold onto areas like these (see items dumped in middle of Nash too).

I imagine (at least hope) they fix River Caves, I would hate to see it closed for good. I wish the park would be more honest about timescales, I understand that they don’t want to admit a ride is knackered, but ‘closed for planned maintenance’ is rather vague. That could mean out of action for a week, a month, or a huge chunk of the season. At least give us some idea when it might reopen

Last edited:
Might be that the whole of the overpass is knackered.
The weight limit is still shown tucked away on little signs at the top of the ramps.
Same mix as the log flume, and it has had lots of minor fixes over the years.
The Goldmine was fitted into the same concrete mix, together with the venerated ground of Crevettes.

And the roof of the River Caves...one of my favourite Beach useless facts...the roof beams are actually the supports from ex WWII Bailey bridge style supports for temporary bridges.
There was a lot of military surplus going cheap in the fifties.
So the roof beams are around eighty years old as well.
I think a cheap fix for the Caves is easily possible.

Thorpe have taken their height record, Towers are upping their game of late, Drayton are trying to take the family market for the midlands/North and Universal Studios GB is looking more likely than not at this stage.

PB are done for unless there's drastic changes made and an injection of cash from somewhere. They will limp on for a while I'm sure but I'd be amazed if they survive beyond the end of the decade if there isn't major changes in the next few years.

Talks of a record breaking coaster are just pure fantasy. I don't think they could even afford a Hot wheels set at the moment let alone a a record breaking coaster.

They are in the midst of an identity crisis. They don’t seem to know what they want to be anymore. They have a mix of merch that says one of the following:

Pleasure Beach Lancashire
Pleasure Beach Blackpool
Pleasure Beach Resort

It’s rather ridiculous

And my lovely black & white gift bag from the other day is:

Pleasure Beach Store
South Shore
Blackpool

Has anyone seen the second train on Avalanche this season? Throughout is crap on single train ops. Max 14 people per train, but factoring in single riders & pairs taking a sled each, it’s maybe 10 people on every getting on each train.

I don’t bother with it on a single train if the queue is out of the station, even with people on the stairs I sometimes leave it til later. It doesn’t help that the GP generally stand at the far end of the station & have to be told to go down & fill the rows ready for when the train comes back.

Has anyone seen the second train on Avalanche this season? Throughout is crap on single train ops. Max 14 people per train, but factoring in single riders & pairs taking a sled each, it’s maybe 10 people on every getting on each train.

I don’t bother with it on a single train if the queue is out of the station, even with people on the stairs I sometimes leave it til later. It doesn’t help that the GP generally stand at the far end of the station & have to be told to go down & fill the rows ready for when the train comes back.
Yes , it ran two trains when I was there on a Saturday earlier in the season.

They seem to be increasingly running it on one though

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Oooh it's a double post from me . Such recklessness!!

So we have another ride closed for "Planned Maintenance"

Dora has been added to the list on the pleasure beach website. So that's 4 rides down now . Dora, Grand Prix, River Caves and Ice Blast.

At this rate they may aswell just shut the whole park for planned maintenance!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes, a rarity now though, and seems to make very little difference anymore. No urgency in the dispatches at all

Dora has been added to the list on the pleasure beach website. So that's 4 rides down now . Dora, Grand Prix, River Caves and Ice Blast.

Alpine Rallye and Thompson Carousel both say "Will be closed all weekdays.", but I haven't seen either of them open on Sundays for months.

Despite the £25 offer for this weekend, it was still quite empty on Sunday. Big One closed as wind was far too high, but Icon only had a queue of around 15 mins max all day. Avalanche was the only thing with a proper queue

Both Avalanche and Revolution are nearing the end of thier life. PB will keep them going as long as they can but both are increasingly unreliable. Revolution has the additional problem of the steel frame rusting away in the salty sea air, it's visibly diteriating.

Despite the £25 offer for this weekend, it was still quite empty on Sunday. Big One closed as wind was far too high, but Icon only had a queue of around 15 mins max all day. Avalanche was the only thing with a proper queue

I think the offer was just for Saturday.

They have an offer for Sunday this week (FATHERSDAY is the code)

Free for dads (or any adult), when booked with a child ticket. So £30 for an adult and a child. £15 each is a crazy price really.

Would love to know the profit or loss figure from the event. £50 was a massive rip off, but with the fixing/maintenance, TLC, staffing etc seems like a heck of a lot of effort for little in return.

Would love to know the profit or loss figure from the event. £50 was a massive rip off, but with the fixing/maintenance, TLC, staffing etc seems like a heck of a lot of effort for little in return.
It certainly would've made sense as the backdrop for a new ride announcement and offset as a PR/Marketing expense if so. Another missed opportunity, but I would be surprised if they even have any concrete new ride plans yet.

It certainly would've made sense as the backdrop for a new ride announcement and offset as a PR/Marketing expense if so. Another missed opportunity, but I would be surprised if they even have any concrete new ride plans yet.
Do you think any new attraction plans were offered out to tender, hence Mandy saying she needed to make a decision? If there is anything in the pipe line, maybe the success of Hyperia has given them a change of heart.

Pleasure Beach have released a video on YouTube titled Grand Prix: The Final Lap featuring Andy Hygate found here:

"We're looking forward to making some exciting announcements in the future" whenever that is, certainly doesn't sound soon.

I'd normally be horrified at Andy's driving in that footage, but on my lap on Friday I'm not even sure the steering wheel was connected to the front wheels as it made no discernible difference to the direction of travel and I was just bouncing off the rail the whole way round. I love Andy, he's definitely right for the job.