• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach: 2024 Discussion

As he sprinkled my best adidas sambas, I'm with dippy on this one.
I think the monster was the very first ride to make me puke...after a long happy day on rollercoasters.

Last edited:
A word to the wise...and unwise.
Blackpool airshow tomorrow, the seafront will be absolutely heaving, and parking tricky on the streets, from early on.
Red Arrows 2pm, free local airshow... Langho, small village in the Ribble Valley... 1.56pm!

So looking at companies house, the charge (loan) that was taken out for the gyroswing has now been satisfied (paid off).
Where does that leave things now?

So looking at companies house, the charge (loan) that was taken out for the gyroswing has now been satisfied (paid off).
Where does that leave things now?
At the moment, square 1. Money was borrowed (presumably for a purchase), money was paid back in full and debt settled. That is literally as much as we know. Anything else is mere speculation.

Could they potentially borrowed money for a gyroswing as a means to pay for Rivercaves and Iceblast repairs knowing or gambling that the main season would enable them to pay the loan back then simply cancel the gyroswing order

The interesting element in all this is, I think, being overlooked. The charge was against a gyroswing. You can’t put a charge on something that doesn’t exist, or which you don’t have an interest in. That suggests Pleasure Beach already have an interest in a Gyroswing.

I’ll take guesses as to where it is. Half-built in a factory? In storage? Sitting in Tamworth?

You can visit a factory get costings price etc then take that to the bank. You are allowed to cancel your interest if you wish.
I managed a park that did that. After a visit to KMG in Holland, the director agreed in principle to the purchase of a tango ride and then got a loan agreement on it.
After he managed to loan a Top Scan (somewhat similar but better ride) and saw the revenue results he then called KMG to cancel the ride as it wouldn't match his target audience. The loan was then paid back in full.

idk if anyone has commented on this yet but i was there today and many staff had their own scanners to scan e-tickets rather than the machines which saved alot of faffing about

idk if anyone has commented on this yet but i was there today and many staff had their own scanners to scan e-tickets rather than the machines which saved alot of faffing about

They introduced this at Chessington this year (it’s all staffed scanners on the hotel side at least) and LEGOLAND has been staffed scanners ever since I’ve been going.

Edit: Sorry I thought this was General Discussion so if you’re talking about the individual ride scanners rather than the entrance then my post isn’t relevant 😳

Last edited:
They introduced this at Chessington this year (it’s all staffed scanners on the hotel side at least) and LEGOLAND has been staffed scanners ever since I’ve been going.

Edit: Sorry I thought this was General Discussion so if you’re talking about the individual ride scanners rather than the entrance then my post isn’t relevant 😳
yeah it was the ride scanners 😂

It does however appear to be getting taken apart carefully...rather than scrapped..

Interesting to see this and river caves have some work started in the last week or so - so soon after the loan and gyroswing stuff came out

Peak summer, peak daily customers, peak cash flow.
They now have the hard cash for lots of "bit jobs".
I remember the wheelbarrows of cash mid afternoon in the summer holidays!